good for 5 minutes

Review by lcwood posted 12-16-2014 12:44 AM 2653 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
good for 5 minutes No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

it work but I do not recommend it

pros:
all plastic, cannot rust
nice box with nice colors
I can’t find any more

cons:
I used with water base paint with 50% water – must be really thin or cannot spray

first one the motor died in less than 10 minutes – really frustrating
second one goes too hot in 10 minutes – time to stop and wait to cool it down
10 minutes more and it is hot again

noisy!

hose really long ! too long and too bad to step over it
long enough to cause a lot of pressure in the motor and kill it?

really short power cord in Brazil model. +/- 30 cm. in other countries the cord are longer, but here they cut the costs.

View lcwood's profile

lcwood

View Rick Bailey's profile

Rick Bailey

#1 posted 12-16-2014 01:50 AM

This is the way to go.

-- I'll bulid your dream,you tear it down.

View Tedstor's profile

Tedstor

#2 posted 12-16-2014 01:51 PM

While every brand has its share of gems and junk…..Black and Decker is a brand I’ve basically sworn off forever.

View ThorinOakenshield's profile

ThorinOakenshield

#3 posted 12-16-2014 03:52 PM

I own this and my experience was very different. I liked the long hose. It was easy to use and gave me a lot of walking area. I did my entire fence front and back with this thing and it never quit. It is nice and light weight compared to a lot of others since the motor isn’t in your hand. And the output was better than the Wagner one my neighbor was using.
I didn’t notice the noise much cause the motor sits on the ground and is not up in your hand.

You should plan on having an extension cord as the primary purpose of this was to stain/paint fences, sheds, decks etc. Not sure what you were attempting but it probably isn’t best suited for detailed wood project finishing. I would find it clunky in a wood shop environment.

-- -Thorin Oakenshield, King Under the Mountain

#4 posted 12-16-2014 04:07 PM

Even more expensive units need larger tips for use with latex paint,but I agree with Tedstor black and Decker tools are low end tools ,your can’t expect much from them.

-- https://www.artisticwoodstudio.com/videos wood crafting & woodworking classes