Better than nothing (for free), but you gotta wonder about the dye.

Review by paxorion posted 12-14-2014 05:01 AM 2177 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Better than nothing (for free), but you gotta wonder about the dye.  No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I picked up one pair of these red Harbor Freight split leather work gloves as a freebie, and use them on occasion for gardening. The gloves do the job to protect my hands, but as the HF site reviews say…the dye can run and get on your hands. If you’re wary of the dye being toxic, consider looking elsewhere. In my mind, they’re a last resort if I’m doing something dirty and don’t want to use my Mechanix gloves.

-- paxorion

View paxorion's profile

paxorion

1107 posts in 2041 days

View Tennessee's profile

Tennessee

#1 posted 12-15-2014 02:08 PM

I also got a couple of pairs of these, my wife uses them for her gardening. They work OK, but ours have never bled any color off onto her hands.
But on the other side of the coin, who knows where they get these, or which factory makes them at any given time. After all, they are free.

-- Tsunami Guitars and Custom Woodworking, Cleveland, TN

View dhazelton's profile

dhazelton

#2 posted 12-16-2014 02:34 PM

It must be the same dye they use on the package of shop towels. I put a bit of solvent on one to get some tar off my truck seat (grey upholstery) and it left a nice pink smear. I should have known better.