Don't pay for it. It might be useful to spread around for convenience.

Review by paxorion posted 12-14-2014 04:17 AM 1879 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Don't pay for it.  It might be useful to spread around for convenience. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them
Harbor Freight item 47770 is a screw driver set I often see as a no-purchase freebie. The screw driver is a very hard plastic and highly uncomfortable to use for hand driving screws. I’ve only found 2 uses for them:
  1. Convenience – I scattered a few of the philips head screwdrivers around the house for the occasional battery change on one of my kids toys.
  2. Unconventional use – I keep the flat heads in my cars as it came in handy once to pop off the plastic tabs that hold the battery cover on my car when I had to jump another car.

-- paxorion

View paxorion's profile

paxorion

1107 posts in 1955 days

#1 posted 12-14-2014 04:20 AM

Free is cool except my nearest HF is 75 miles away.

View Rayne's profile

Rayne

#2 posted 12-14-2014 05:54 AM

These come in handy when you need a magnetic tip. I don’t always have one nearby, but I know where this set is at all times, so well worth the freebie.

View MT_Stringer's profile

MT_Stringer

#3 posted 12-14-2014 05:32 PM

My wife has her own set in the kitchen along with a small hammer, a box cutter and other stuff. I have a set in my tool box along with a lot of other screwdrivers. Definitely not commercial quality but they were free.

-- Handcrafted by Mike Henderson - Channelview, Texas

View Tedstor's profile

Tedstor

#4 posted 12-14-2014 06:51 PM

They’re fine in a pinch or when you just need to unscrew the battery compartment off of a toy.
However, they are made of super-brittle steel and chip/break quite easily. They wouldn’t last a day in a commercial setting. Probably wouldn’t make it past its first encounter with a stubborn or rustry screw.

View steve_in_ohio's profile

steve_in_ohio

#5 posted 12-14-2014 10:30 PM

I took some of the Philips screwdrivers and sharpened them to a point to use as an awl, for free they are pretty good

-- steve, simple and effective woodworking---etsy.com/shop/SussmanWoodworking--

View Dallas's profile

Dallas

#6 posted 12-14-2014 10:32 PM

Rough ‘em up and use them to put the curl on the card scrapers.

-- Improvise.... Adapt...... Overcome!

View AlanJ44's profile

AlanJ44

#7 posted 12-17-2014 02:12 AM

Took couple sets to work, great for cracking open cisco’s

-- Alan J. Hoover, AL Keeping in mind I believe college football is only a profit center for the school.... Roll Tide!