Review by paxorion posted 12-14-2014 04:08 AM 1733 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Freebie measuring tool, that is somewhere between an educated guess and a measured guestimate No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Harbor Freight Items 69080, 69030, 69031 are one of many staple freebies coupons. If you’re in the market for a quick tape measure that can help you guestimate the length of a board, this one will do the trick. However against my other tape measures, there is sufficient deviation that I don’t trust it.

I got rid of all but 2 of my freebies. Those two stay in the car if I make an impromptu trip to pick up something. Or I just need a guestimate. While I want to rate it a 1 star, at a price of $0.00 and being better than an educated guess, I just can’t bring myself to say 1 star.

-- paxorion

View paxorion's profile

paxorion

1107 posts in 1955 days

View MT_Stringer's profile

MT_Stringer

#1 posted 12-14-2014 05:24 AM

I keep one in my truck for trips to the lumberyard.

-- Handcrafted by Mike Henderson - Channelview, Texas

View cebfish's profile

cebfish

#2 posted 12-14-2014 11:53 AM

they ares a complete piece of junk most of the time end piece get bent hard to extend

View Tedstor's profile

Tedstor

#3 posted 12-14-2014 06:54 PM

Harbor Freight is a great source for certain tools.
Anything that requires ‘any’ level of precision should be bought elsewhere.

View dhazelton's profile

dhazelton

#4 posted 12-15-2014 02:37 PM

It’s nice to have a freebie you can keep in a car or kitchen junk drawer and in each tool bag. But why they are marked in 64ths is beyond me. It makes it very tough to quickly make out more common divisions like 16ths or the rare 32nd. If you pull it out to almost the full 25 feet it probably will not retract again. The spring went in mine when I tried to do that and into the dumpster it went.