Out of box near perfect

Review by dozer57 posted 12-05-2014 06:11 PM 3432 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Out of box near perfect No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Incra 1000hd with no adjustment is near perfect on angles. I am new to segmented turning and my miter fence for my craftsman table saw was junk, Three stops and sloppy fit in the track, never able to repeat angles. I would have to sand each piece to get a fit that I was happy with. NO more ordered Incra 1000hd from Amazon.com took it out of the box and installed it on the table saw with only adjustment made to T-track. First thing noticed was how smooth the track slid in the slot. Miters were next, 45 deg with four equal sides, perfect. On to six sides and 30 deg angles, again perfect, so on to the real test 15 sides at 12 deg. not so perfect. Banded segments tight with dry fit and ended up with a gap of .003 of an inch on one segment outer edge. not bad on 3 inch by 1 1/4 thick stock but not perfect. Wait. I did not check if my saw was a perfect 90 deg to table top. This is my issue as the gap is only .003 on one side and less on other side. Compounded over 30 angles and this is not bad, the Incra 1000hd is perfect out of the box. Mt 40 year old craftsman saw is not. I ending this review my rate would be 10 stars and I will buy more Incra products. Just ordered an I-Box by Incra and hope it is as good as their miter fence.

View dozer57's profile

dozer57

View sawdustjunkie's profile

sawdustjunkie

#1 posted 12-05-2014 07:25 PM

If you were to glue that all up, the gaps would be invisible to the eye!

-- Steve: Franklin, WI

View Kjuly's profile

Kjuly

#2 posted 12-05-2014 10:47 PM

Incra has great tools. Could not live without mine.
Keith

Incra Good…

View Andre's profile

Andre

#4 posted 12-05-2014 11:09 PM

Thanks you convinced me, but I ordered the Kreg KMS7102 Table Saw Precision Miter Gauge System instead.
FWW Tools and Shops just did a review on Miter gauges and the Kreg was best overall choice and just looked easier to use. Will have to compare after I get a chance to try it out! Anything has to be better than my stock Delta system!

-- Lifting one end of the plank.

View DIYaholic's profile

DIYaholic

19620 posts in 2673 days

#5 posted 12-06-2014 04:56 AM

I just picked up a used Incra 2000 miter gauge, for $60.00 off of Craigslist.
That and I picked up a used Incra “Original Jig” with a fence, off CL for $30.00.
I haven’t “played” with them yet, so I can only hope that these two items are as precise!!!

I’ve only heard GREAT things about Incra….

-- Randy-- I may not be good...but I am slow! If good things come to those who wait.... Why is procrastination a bad thing?

View TheFridge's profile

TheFridge

#6 posted 12-06-2014 05:08 AM

It is awesome.

-- Shooting down the walls of heartache. Bang bang. I am. The warrior.

View recycle1943's profile

recycle1943

#7 posted 12-07-2014 12:41 PM

Incra Tools : I have An Incra V120 Miter gauge, An Incra 1000HD Miter gauge, an LS Positioner and leg set for my Delta Unisaw, an LS Positioner and Incra router raiser for my Router table as well as too many other smaller helpers from Incramental Tools.
I use the V120 on the band saw mostly for straight cuts to square up a glued item. The 1000HD was a chore because I didn’t have my saw aligned correctly to the miter slot. Once I fixed that the miter are spot on.
I just can’t say enough good things about Incra tools and their tech support.

-- Dick, Malvern Ohio - my biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells my toys for what I told her I paid for them

View RandyinFlorida's profile

RandyinFlorida

250 posts in 2066 days

#8 posted 12-07-2014 02:41 PM

Have the I-Box. You will love it!

-- Randy in Crestview Florida, Wood Rocks!