The Ultimate Band Saw Box Book

Review by Donna Menke posted 12-03-2014 10:23 PM 3061 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
The Ultimate Band Saw Box Book No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

It is strange to review my own book, but here goes.
First a note of background:
At the beginning of 2007 my book came out with the Sterling Publications company. They printed 16,000 copies and we sold them all. In 2010 the book went out of print- sad face. I made a digital download and a CD copy to keep the book alive since there were no used copies available- for less than a whole lot.
Just this month a fine company, Echo Point Books, has published a wonderful new issue of the book. The cover is new- and I like it better than the old one. The insides of the book are exactly the same as the original. It is a copy, so the photos are about 95% of the original quality. If you didn’t compare them to the originals you would never know that. The book is of the same high quality as the original- weighing in a 2 pounds.
Last time, I personally sold, signed, and dedicated 660 of the books. I have ordered a few to do the same with this nice new issue. If you are interested please go to my newly updated web site (www.woodworks-by-donna.com) to get the details and order the book. It is amazing that it can sell for $30 with the production quality so high.
It was a good book- and it still is. I am a proud mama of this baby.

View Blackie_'s profile

Blackie_

#1 posted 12-03-2014 11:56 PM

There’s still nothing like having an original copy signed and hand delivered from the author in person. :)

-- Randy - If I'm not on LJ's then I'm making Saw Dust. Please feel free to visit my store location at http://www.facebook.com/randy.blackstock.custom.wood.designs

#2 posted 12-04-2014 01:35 AM

Blackie- as I recall you picked it up here and we had a nice visit too. It was fun to meet another band saw box maker- and wood worker. Anyone else who would like to visit, I live just South of Austin, Texas and the gate isn’t locked.

#3 posted 12-05-2014 09:41 PM

I still have mine, great book

-- Norman - I never never make a mistake, I just change the design.

#4 posted 12-05-2014 10:44 PM

Thanks, Norm, it is good to hear that you liked it. I just received 100 copies today, and sold the first of this new printing yesterday. Life is good.