Updated ClearVue Mini CV06 with cone is much improved

Review by Bill1974 posted 11-21-2014 02:56 PM 5414 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Updated ClearVue Mini CV06 with cone is much improved No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I saw that ClearVue has updated their Mini CV06 shop vacuum separator. I called them up and asked if it would be possible to update my previous generation CV06 and they said it was possible. They sent me the parts (lower cone, a couple of gaskets and hardware) for $40 + $10 for shipping. Money well spent in the long run. The update really improves the separation to the point with almost nothing gets into the shop vac.

I took apart the CV06 off the old shop vac housing that I had attached it too (see review above). Take the inner plate off, it’s no longer used and the neither are the nylon bolts and standoffs.

Next you have to modify the upper separator and remove all the material below the flange.

Then it’s just use the supplied hardware and assemble. I used the supplied gasket for between the upper separator and cone, but did not used the supplied gasket for between the cone and old shop vac. I used silicone to seal it up.

I dumped out all the dust and dirt that was in the separator then removed the bag from the shop vac and vacuumed it all back up and check to see how much got into the shop vac. Almost nothing, some fine dust but much less than before. I didn’t clean out the shop vac, so it wasn’t perfectly clean.

Lastly, a video of it working, sorry about the bad video. To lazy to reshoot it or edit it.

View Bill1974's profile

Bill1974

#1 posted 11-23-2014 06:30 AM

Sounds like a good improvement/upgrade for a good price

-- Norman - I never never make a mistake, I just change the design.

View Hawaiilad's profile

Hawaiilad

#2 posted 11-23-2014 08:15 AM

I have to ask, does this make your vac top heavy or is it supported in some way?

-- Larry in Hawaii,

View Bill1974's profile

Bill1974

#3 posted 11-23-2014 01:18 PM

I am pretty sure it would be tippy on a 5 gallon bucket. But on the old shop vac base it’s pretty stable. if I pull it by the hose it doesn’t tip.

View Dedvw's profile

Dedvw

#4 posted 11-30-2014 01:36 AM

Thats one impressive filter after being used to vac wood dust. Looks like an great product.

View johndeereb's profile

johndeereb

#5 posted 03-02-2015 12:49 AM

Great review. Do you happen to know what size hole saw to use for the hole in the collection bin(shop VAC in your case)?

View scarpenter002's profile

scarpenter002

#6 posted 09-11-2015 09:29 PM

Thanks for the updated review Bill. I also have the original design, and went back and dropped the rating on it. After using it for about 18 months, I have been just getting too much dust into the shop vac. I have also been considering an upgrade too, but been unwilling to pull the trigger.

-- Scott in Texas

View Arlin Eastman's profile

Arlin Eastman

#7 posted 09-11-2015 10:07 PM

Something like that is what I have wanted for a Loooooong time.

-- It is always the right time, to do the right thing.