Real smooth and Bright Finish

Review by Duckster posted 11-09-2014 09:01 PM 2433 views 4 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Real smooth and Bright Finish Real smooth and Bright Finish Real smooth and Bright Finish Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have been using the combination of these two products for the last few months. I gave both a 5 star rating as they have not failed since I started using them.
I put 2 coats of the sealant, then I sand it with 400 grit sandpaper to smooth it. I then put 3 light coats of the lacquer and then I sand it again with 400 grit.
I am picky about the finish I put on my projects, but I know from experience that shine sells!
I then apply 12 more coats of the lacquer, I know that sounds like a lot but putting 3 light coats per day, it doesn’t take that long. Then the project goes on a two week vacation. These 14-21 days let the finish dry and harden.
I then use a 1000 and 2000 grit Festool pads with soapy water for lubricant and dust control. Once I have it to the surface that suits me, I put two coats of polish on.
I use SURBUF pads and MENZERNA 2000 and 4000 polish. I just polish to a mirror finish.
Hope this help some of you that are looking for a slick shining finish.

-- Duckster, Texas. {Any day of fishing, Beats a good day at work.} Wash your feet and love Jesus

View bobasaurus's profile

bobasaurus

#1 posted 11-10-2014 01:42 AM

That is quite the finishing procedure, I’ll bet it looks great. Any problems spraying right out of the can? Is the coat/spread good, and are there any blotches?

-- Allen, Colorado (Instagram @bobasaurus_woodworking)

#2 posted 11-10-2014 02:11 AM

Bob,
The spray is very even. The secret, I have found is to use mist coats rather than heavy cover.
Being retired, I have the time

View rustynails's profile

rustynails

#3 posted 11-10-2014 02:48 AM

Any pictures of a finished project with finish on it? Also where are you buying your products from?
Thanks Richard

#4 posted 11-10-2014 05:20 AM

Rusty
If you go to my projects, there is probably 8 more boxes. That have it on them.
I get it from Rockler

View Hawaiilad's profile

Hawaiilad

#5 posted 11-10-2014 08:25 AM

Sounds like you really put allot in the finish. Would love the feel one those boxes

-- Larry in Hawaii,

View rustynails's profile

rustynails

#6 posted 11-10-2014 01:51 PM

Duckster, thanks for the info on where you get it from. I will check it out on your boxes on your projects page.

View CL810's profile

CL810

#7 posted 11-20-2014 02:04 PM

Thanks for posting Duck.

-- "The only limits to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today." - FDR