Porter Cable 4.5" Cordless Angle Grinder: Revised

Review by Dirk Van Essendelft posted 10-23-2014 02:19 AM 3398 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Porter Cable 4.5" Cordless Angle Grinder: Revised No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Had a break in the middle of my project because I’m waiting on some parts, so I decided to review one of my recent tool purchases. I bought it at Lowes for $35. Tool buying tip: go find a sale online and ask the cashiers to price match. Lowes has a price +10% guarantee. Then you get another 5% if you put it on your Lowes credit card.

See my video review:

-- Blending Traditional Woodworking with 21st Century Tools http://www.21stCenturyWoodworking.com

View Dirk Van Essendelft's profile

Dirk Van Essendelft

58 posts in 1975 days

View Woodknack's profile

Woodknack

#1 posted 10-25-2014 04:35 PM

Unfortunately my Lowes will only price match brick and mortar stores within a few miles, but I need an angle grinder.

-- Rick M, http://thewoodknack.blogspot.com/

View Dirk Van Essendelft's profile

Dirk Van Essendelft

58 posts in 1975 days

#2 posted 10-26-2014 11:34 PM

I revised the review after learning how the tool is intended to be used with a cut off wheel. They intend the tool to be used with the front handle in a 2 handed grip. Your left hand goes on the trigger and your right hand is on the forward grip. This keeps you out of the plane of the spinning disk and still allows you to see what your cutting. This is a much safer way to use the tool than what I was taught with the old style tool that had a 2 position on/off switch. Now that I understand the working principle, I give this tool an A+