Flexcut Micro Carving Tools

Review by Druid posted 10-18-2014 07:02 AM 4202 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Flexcut Micro Carving Tools No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

For those LJ members who (like me) have wanted to add some finer carving tools to their collection, the attached photo shows the newly introduced Micro Tools from Flexcut. Mine just arrived this week, and my initial impression is that they certainly match the high quality that I have always experienced from this manufacturer.
They come fully honed and ready to use . . . read that as “razor sharp”. I have been looking for smaller scale carving tools for some time now, but have not been able to find ones of this high quality. The shafts on these new tools are far stronger than those on some tiny carving tools that I did purchase in the past (and those bent under what I would consider to be normal use). These new Flexcut ones are far stronger, so I do not anticipate similar problems. My only problem at the moment is to decide which project I should dust off first so that I can get these new tools into active use.
I hope to be posting my initial carving results shortly, but my first impression is great.

-- John, British Columbia, Canada

View Druid's profile

Druid

View stefang's profile

stefang

#1 posted 10-18-2014 07:52 AM

Hi John, I’ve been wondering if those Flexicut tools were good quality. I look forward to seeing what you do with them. Carving is a wonderful niche of woodworking and though I have tried to do some in the past, my hands can’t take doing it more than just a little at a time.

-- Mike, an American living in Norway.

View lew's profile (online now)

lew

#2 posted 10-18-2014 01:56 PM

Thanks for the review, John!

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View Celticscroller's profile

Celticscroller

#3 posted 10-18-2014 05:29 PM

Thanks for the review John. I’ve used Flexcut carving knives and really like them but haven’t used the micro ones. Good to know they are as strong as the other Flexcut tools. Looking forward to seeing your carving project.

-- Anna, Richmond BC