Hand Forged Holdfasts

Review by A Slice of Wood Workshop posted 10-18-2014 03:34 AM 3516 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Hand Forged Holdfasts No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Follow the link for a review on a set of holdfasts that I made. Click here for the video.

View CharlesA's profile

CharlesA

#1 posted 10-18-2014 10:36 PM

I’m confused. I tried to find these holdfasts on the web, but couldn’t. Are these your own product or someone else’s?

#2 posted 10-19-2014 12:32 AM

Charles- I make them. I was just sharing a review that someone has done on them.

View Sawdustmaker115's profile

Sawdustmaker115

#3 posted 10-19-2014 07:13 PM

Hey Tim,
how much do you charge for your holdfasts?

-- Anthony--http://knottywoodshop.weebly.com/

View Grumpymike's profile

Grumpymike

#4 posted 10-20-2014 06:03 PM

So, you review your own product?? Tacky.

-- Grumpy old guy, and lookin' good Doin' it. ... Surprise Az.

View Dallas's profile

Dallas

#5 posted 10-20-2014 06:55 PM

I’m with Grumpymike, This is like Festool or Sawstop making their own reviews.

I would have been interested if it was a review of something you actually tried, made by another entity.

-- Improvise.... Adapt...... Overcome!

#6 posted 10-20-2014 07:56 PM

Thanks for the comments, but I did not do the review. I was simply sharing it because I don’t believe he is on here. Sorry for sharing it, I know better for next time.

View Sarit's profile

Sarit

#7 posted 11-13-2014 09:20 AM

Unless you’ve found a way to sell these out for cheap, I don’t really see the point of the “hand-made” holdfasts. I know people pay a premium for handmade rasps because the slight irregularities in the teeth make the cutting action smoother. For that reason, being handmade provides a functional advantage for the rasp.
Does a handforged holdfast convey any advantage over a Gramercy Holdfast ?
Like if it could hold more pressure because of the steel/heat-treatment or if you added some artistic elements like this like this image below, I would say it makes sense to make an charge a premium for your product. However from the review its not clear that there are any advantages.