Great value for money

Review by EdsCustomWoodCrafts posted 10-16-2014 02:47 PM 2702 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great value for money No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I needed a new jigsaw and since most of my tools are from Ryobi I decided to give this jigsaw a go, and to be honest its probably the best $40 I have spent on a tool, extremely fast and accurate and love the following features:

4 Position orbital action
Very powerful motor
There is a LED light that illuminates the blade entry point into the wood (extremely handy)
No key needed for blade attachment

-- Thanks Ed “A bad day woodworking is better than a good day working. ~Author unknown”

View Milo's profile

Milo

#1 posted 10-16-2014 04:30 PM

Thanks, Ed. I need one of these, and for the price I’ll take look!

-- Beer, Beer, Thank God for Beer. It's my way of keeping my mind fresh and clear...

#2 posted 10-16-2014 05:01 PM

Home Depot have them in store…

View Dedvw's profile

Dedvw

#3 posted 10-17-2014 12:10 PM

I’ve owned a number of Ryobi products throughout the years. I always been happy with the price vs. performance of their tools.

View TObenhuber's profile

TObenhuber

#4 posted 11-23-2014 11:18 PM

Hoping someone could help me. I was wondering how the blade drift is on the Ryobi. Not expecting miracles. Just curious. I have a few of their tools and am overall very happy for the value and am in the market for a jigsaw.

Also any alternatives are welcome.

All around my Ryobi tools do what they are suppose to. When I ask the Ryobi 12amp circular saw to cut, it cuts. When I ask the Ryobi 9V cordless drill to drill a hole, it drills a hole. I do have an older 1970’s craftsman table saw and a newer dewalt corded drill. So, I have some power when needed but I don’t use the jigsaw much and would like to bring it back since I wore out the old craftsman hand me down. I can’t bring myself to buy a bosch or festool considering my projects so far have been hit or miss with my wife. Maybe some day when the military gives me more time at home I can focus a little more on woodworking. But for now, a good budget jigsaw is what I would like.

-- Travis, Virginia, www.facebook.com/CreativeWoodworksHybla

#5 posted 11-23-2014 11:31 PM

I’ve done several projects with this jigsaw and I’m very happy .. To answer your question like any jigsaw you need a strong grip on it but other than that I’ve had no blade drift and I’ve cut full and semi circle cuts

Hope this helps