What a difference good Air Couplers make

Review by BigDaddyO posted 10-01-2014 01:57 AM 3233 views 3 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
What a difference good Air Couplers make No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I just finished replacing all of the Air disconnects in my shop after getting fed up with most of them leaking.

I am VERY impressed with these as they use ball bearings to hold the couplers in place so there is no leakage even when moving the hose around.

My limited review of the Milton vs the Harbor Freight, Home Depot, and the ones that came on my Air Compressor.

View waho6o9's profile

waho6o9

#1 posted 10-01-2014 03:30 AM

Good to know, where did you get them at?

#2 posted 10-01-2014 01:15 PM

I got mine from Summit Racing as they were under $5 a piece and I have purchased other stuff from them in the past and always happy with them.

Milton M-Style Air Couplers S-715

View taoist's profile

taoist

#3 posted 10-01-2014 03:06 PM

Is the Milton M-style Air Coupler S-715 for 1/4” chucks, or is there a different number for them ?
Thanks.

View Matt Przybylski's profile

Matt Przybylski

#4 posted 10-01-2014 03:26 PM

I have had these on my amazon wish list for quite a while now. Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005IUEC2O/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2CTMKJWTSXION&coliid=I3NREVGUHN0JF5

They don’t look exactly the same but for $20 and 56 reviews stating 5 star average I think they’ll be fine :)

-- Matt, Arizona, http://www.reintroducing.com

#5 posted 10-01-2014 05:14 PM

Thanks.

- taoist

Yes these are for 1/4”

View MT_Stringer's profile

MT_Stringer

#6 posted 10-03-2014 04:26 AM

Can you plug your hose in without having to use a second hand to push the coupling backwards?

-- Handcrafted by Mike Henderson - Channelview, Texas

View mbs's profile

mbs

#7 posted 10-04-2014 03:36 AM

I just replaced my harbor freight with Milton too. I hated the constant leaking. No leaks now.

-- Sorry the reply is so long. I didn't have time to write a short reply.

View woodbutcherbynight's profile

woodbutcherbynight

#8 posted 11-02-2014 04:28 PM

Working in automotive cheap couplers really show themselves after only a few days. They leak, yes, they also blow apart and cannot take the rigorous abuse we put them through during a typical work day. On any given day they get dropped, tossed around, caught in places, crushed etc etc. Milton seems to be about the best in durability in this environment. Using them at home I would admit they take much less abuse and mine have bought dates back to 1995 engraved in the body so while they are more expensive as the reviewer noted they work much better and do not leak.

-- Live to tell the stories, they sound better that way.

#9 posted 11-02-2014 05:25 PM

- MT_Stringer

Just tried this and No, you need to use 2 hands to plug them in.

View MT_Stringer's profile

MT_Stringer

#10 posted 11-02-2014 06:20 PM

- MT_Stringer

Just tried this and No, you need to use 2 hands to plug them in.

- BigDaddyO