Woodworkingprofits.com website is bad. Really bad.

Review by adam502 posted 09-16-2014 04:43 PM 4195 views 0 times favorited 32 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Woodworkingprofits.com website is bad. Really bad. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Yep, I got taken. Well, to be fair, I received what I paid for. Perhaps you’ve heard the siren-song of woodworkers showing how you can quit your day job and make $150K per year selling stuff you make in your shop. Well, against my better judgment, in a weak moment I paid the $37 for the book and plans download. If you didn’t have access to the internet and you’d never seen a woodworking forum, then MAYBE there may be some new ideas in here. If you’re a member of this forum then there is more information here, for free, than is contained in this “book.” He gives “helpful” hints about running your woodworking business, such as “use a computer.” Wow. Really? The plans that he provides aren’t exactly “hot sellers.” They inlcude things like a typewriter desk and a record storage rack. Most of the plans look like what your grandma would’ve bought…in 1979.

All of this fine merchandise comes with a “Love It or Shove It” money-back guarantee. I immediately emailed the helpdesk asking for my refund and haven’t heard from them yet. It’s been a week. I’m thinking that the refund emails probaly get dealt with a little slower than other emails. Anyway, benefit from my mistake and don’t get duped by the con men. Have a great day!

View CharlesA's profile

CharlesA

#1 posted 09-16-2014 04:50 PM

FYI, if anyone needs help on woodworking for losses, I’ve got that one down,

View Greg In Maryland's profile

Greg In Maryland

#2 posted 09-16-2014 05:01 PM

You and me too Charles. I won’t be quitting my day job any time soon.

Greg

View BinghamtonEd's profile

BinghamtonEd

#3 posted 09-16-2014 05:21 PM

Maybe I should sign up. I’ve been frustrated that my records and my typewriter don’t have dedicated furniture.

The site says the price is $197, but that’s crossed out. Next to it is says it’s $97. That’s also crossed out. Next to it, it says $37. Followed by “(Price will go up to $97.00 then $197.00 soon)”. That sales tactic is usually the sign of a shoddy product. Then below is states the regular price is normally $97.

Sorry you got taken, but the website was good for a laugh. Hope you get your money back. Or, maybe they just tell you to “shove it.”

-- - The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held its ground.

View Dutchy's profile

Dutchy

2753 posts in 2074 days

#4 posted 09-16-2014 05:25 PM

I call this scam.

The page; http://www.fredsbouwtekeningen.nl/ you can,t read but still you can understand. All over the world they are making money with fake Adam.

But if you want you can buy this Dutch offer only this week for Euro 47,00, next week 97,00.

-- https://dutchypatterns.com/

#5 posted 09-16-2014 05:27 PM

Haha thanks guys. I googled the website before I bought it, but didn’t find anything helpful so I thought I would put it up here. If I can keep someone else from wasting their money then that’s okay! Hopefully I’ll get a refund! :)

View Earlextech's profile

Earlextech

#6 posted 09-16-2014 05:59 PM

I’m sure woodworkingprofits.com is making $150,000 a year.

-- Sam Hamory - The project is never finished until its "Finished"!

View Paul Bucalo's profile

Paul Bucalo

#7 posted 09-16-2014 07:11 PM

Another ‘hot one’ is Ted’s Woodworking, whose physical address is someone else’s, has no support or contact people to get a hold of, who offers outdated and stolen plans, pictures and drawings from others (as well as freebies on the Web), and numbers in the hundreds instead of thousands of plans given. You can get it here, http://www.tedswoodworking.org/ , but really…don’t bother. ;)

I hope you get your money back, Adam. Lesson learned, for sure. :)

-- -- Paul @ PMB Creative Works

View MrFid's profile

MrFid

#8 posted 09-16-2014 08:27 PM

Okay that’s the most hilarious website I’ve been to in a while. My favorite two pointers are:

- How to startup the business for under $50 (the common misconception is that you need a large garage or lots of expensive power tools to get started)

- The crucial first step you need to do to make your first dollar (without this secret you’ll never make a penny in this business)

GAWD I wanna know what that crucial first step secret is SO BAD!

Second favorite part is how there is a p.s., a p.p.s., and a p.p.p.s. at the end. It’s like Jim’s really writing a letter TO ME! Classic.

Seriously though, thanks for the review. If people aren’t aware that it’s a scam they might be duped.

-- Bailey F - Eastern Mass.

View JayT's profile

JayT

#9 posted 09-16-2014 08:39 PM

Sorry you got taken and thanks for writing a review to warn others.

Here’s the best advice I’ve gotten:

Do you know how to make a small fortune with a woodworking business?

Start with a large fortune. :-)

-- In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. Thomas Jefferson

View jakep_82's profile

jakep_82

#10 posted 09-16-2014 08:59 PM

Another tip off is that the address at the bottom of the page is fake. I checked it on Google maps and it’s just a green space between 2 houses. I can clearly see 12923 and 12927 on the mailboxes, but 12925 doesn’t exist.

View longgone's profile

longgone

#11 posted 09-17-2014 12:32 AM

It is good that you didn’t quit your day job and wait for that $150,000 income… As far as that love it od shove it guarantee goes …well you didn’t love it and they probably are thinking you can shove it…Hope you get your money back…If you paid with a credit card you should file a complain with the card company.

View Manitario's profile

Manitario

#12 posted 09-17-2014 01:39 AM

crap, now you tell me…what am going to do with all the typewriter stands I’ve made in my small garage and without expensive powertools.

-- Sometimes the creative process requires foul language. -- Charles Neil

#13 posted 09-17-2014 02:06 AM

crap, now you tell me…what am going to do with all the typewriter stands I ve made in my small garage and without expensive powertools.

- Manitario

Maybe you could sell them to the Germans?

View Dutchy's profile

Dutchy

2753 posts in 2074 days

#14 posted 09-17-2014 04:43 AM

I,m glad you can make humour about it Adam. As Dutch we sell a lott to Germany. Maybe I can help you selling your typewriter stands, so we can both get rich.

-- https://dutchypatterns.com/

View Don Johnson's profile

Don Johnson

#15 posted 09-17-2014 08:54 AM

Are you saying it doesn’t work? With all those Testimonials !!!! (LOL)

-- Don, Somerset UK, http://www.donjohnson24.co.uk