Works well with some limitations

Review by CharlesA posted 09-14-2014 10:01 PM 2460 views 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
Works well with some limitations No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

After Dylan's review of this item as a Rockler sale item ($35 at the moment), I decided to pick one up b/c I thought I was close to buying a jointer off of Cralgslist.

The Good:
1) Pretty straightforward assembly and adjustability
2) Rolls easily
3) roll/stationary lever is pretty easy to use and definitely better than the Harborfreight style where one has to screw down the stationary supports when you don’t want it to roll.
4) Everything to assemble it is included

The Not So Good:
1) There is a little less flexibility with size than with the type that uses “supply your own” wood for the frame pieces.
2) The 400 lb does seem a little ambitious.

I feel a little stupid. I couldn’t get it to adjust to as small a depth as I wanted, and I just realized it was because I was assuming I had to use both frame pieces on each side. Of course—one just uses one for shorter size.

View CharlesA's profile

CharlesA

1 comment so far

View whitebeast88's profile

whitebeast88

#1 posted 09-16-2014 12:18 AM

thanks for the review,i bought a couple when the sale first started.one for my jointer and one for my planer.there not the best made,but worth the $35.they made my life easier being able to move them.like you said assembly was straight forward.

-- Marty.Athens,AL