Expensive but Awesome

Review by Manitario posted 09-04-2014 04:23 AM 2695 views 1 time favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Expensive but Awesome No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I hate emptying the bin on my cyclone, but I hate even more when I forget to and fill my filters with dust and chips; basically means an evening wasted cleaning out chips from the filters and then multiple rounds of blowing the fine dust out. I have my cyclone in its own room to keep the noise down so I can’t see the bin…I originally had a Oneida Dust Sentry, it was ok but was inconsistent. After moving to a new shop and filling the filters 3 times in a row, I looked for an alternate. There is a small but dedicated Clearvue owner community; this sensor was made by one of the Clearvue members, it worked so well that Clearvue has begun selling it on their website. I think that the guy still makes each of these sensors in his garage. Simple in design but works extremely well. Strobe light and loud siren goes off each time the bin is full. You can also wire it to automatically shut off the dust collector when the sensor is triggered.
Overall, expensive, but well worth the money.

#1 posted 09-04-2014 04:29 AM

Thanks for the review ,Interesting idea, you say it’s expensive but don’t say how much it is ?

#2 posted 09-04-2014 04:49 AM

$225

#3 posted 09-04-2014 04:52 AM

Ouch! that is spendy

#4 posted 09-04-2014 04:58 AM

yeah, it hurt, but only briefly…the concept is pretty simple; basically two infrared garage door sensors wired to a strobe light and a siren, if I was more technically inclined it would have been a simple project to make myself.

View StumpyNubs's profile

StumpyNubs

#5 posted 09-04-2014 12:26 PM

I have one of these. Good stuff!

View Greg..the Cajun  Box Sculptor's profile

Greg..the Cajun Box Sculptor

5180 posts in 1998 days

#6 posted 09-04-2014 02:19 PM

I also bought one of the Oneida dust sentry units and it never did work very good and was a disappointment. I need to look into this model. It is easy to fill up the dust bin so very quickly because mine is in a separate room and I have dual air filters that have clogged up on more than one occasion because someone forgot to check the sawdust level.

-- We all must start somewhere in our journey of doing what we love to do.

#7 posted 09-04-2014 02:56 PM

yeah Greg, there is no quicker way to ruin an evening than to fill up your filters with sawdust…

View Robw's profile

Robw

#8 posted 09-04-2014 09:46 PM

Thanks for the review. I am on my 2nd dust sentry and it has quit. Where can I find this product?

Rob