Great solution for some of us older folk!

Review by timbertailor posted 08-05-2014 07:05 PM 2395 views 2 times favorited 12 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great solution for some of us older folk! Great solution for some of us older folk! Great solution for some of us older folk! Click the pictures to enlarge them

I grew weary swapping reading glasses for safety glasses or trying to wear both at the same time. It really was not conducive to good safety habits.

I had seen safety glasses on the internet that had a small magnified “window” and tried them but were pretty useless for general shop work.

I did a little homework and found this company that sells safety glasses that magnify the ENTIRE lens. No more trying to contort to see what you are working on. They can be had in several different multiplications to suit your vision needs. They have the prerequisite side shields and are fairly comfortable. I say that because I have a big head. (yeah, I know you already knew) They fit well and are not too snug. They resist fogging and scratches.

So, if you were looking for a better safety solution for your tired eyes, give these full lens magnifiers a try.

They are priced very reasonably so I suggest getting several. An extra for you and one or two to replace the ones that somehow disappear at the job site or from the workshop!!!!

View Earlextech's profile

Earlextech

#1 posted 08-05-2014 07:55 PM

When reading the title I was hoping that I would be able to post that maybe I’m not that old. Then I read the review and I can’t wait to get some! Thanks for telling us about them!

-- Sam Hamory - The project is never finished until its "finished"!

#2 posted 08-05-2014 08:37 PM

When reading the title I was hoping that I would be able to post that maybe I m not that old. Then I read the review and I can t wait to get some! Thanks for telling us about them!

- Earlextech

Isn’t the internet wonderful?

After using them for a while in the workshop, on the car, or around the house, you will wonder how you managed without them.

Hope I can make your woodworking efforts and others easier.

View shipwright's profile

shipwright

#3 posted 08-06-2014 02:08 PM

Do they mess with your distance vision ?
I need glasses within about four feet but outside of that they blur my vision. I’m guessing these would be the same.
If not I’ll be looking for some.

-- Paul M ..............If God wanted us to have fiberglass boats he would have given us fiberglass trees. http://prmdesigns.com/

#4 posted 08-06-2014 03:49 PM

Everyone’s eyes are different. I do not need a lot of magnification so it really does not bother me when I take them off. If you need 2X or more, I think it would be more of a problem.

So, get a few of them with different magnifications. They are inexpensive and still useful, even if its just for brief periods of time while actually running a power tool.

View Halc's profile

Halc

#5 posted 08-06-2014 05:18 PM

I just ordered a couple of pairs. Thanks for sharing this.

#6 posted 08-07-2014 12:56 PM

deleted

-- Will trade wife's yarn for tools.

#7 posted 08-07-2014 05:45 PM

I just ordered a couple of pairs. Thanks for sharing this.

- Halc

Let us know how they work out for you.

I gave the glasses 4 out of 5 stars because they are plastic. I have broken a pair. Got crushed when I leaned up against a work bench and they were in my lower apron…......... Don’t do that!

I bought a few granny chains and now they hang around the shop.

#8 posted 08-08-2014 07:56 PM

I will definitely check into these

-- Norman

View Halc's profile

Halc

#9 posted 08-12-2014 10:26 PM

Mine were delivered this morning and I wore them in my shop all afternoon. They are 1.5 magnification, same as the reading glasses I wore with safety glasses over them. I could see fine print as well as I could with the readers, but I could see for distance better. They fit well and I’m using the band I used with the readers to keep them in place (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CK5PDC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). After only a few hours of wear I’m very happy with them.

#10 posted 08-12-2014 10:38 PM

Mine were delivered this morning and I wore them in my shop all afternoon. They are 1.5 magnification, same as the reading glasses I wore with safety glasses over them. I could see fine print as well as I could with the readers, but I could see for distance better. They fit well and I m using the band I used with the readers to keep them in place (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CK5PDC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). After only a few hours of wear I m very happy with them.

- Halc

Thanks for the feedback. Glad they worked out for you, as well.

#11 posted 08-15-2014 12:36 AM

I appreciate those folks that post links to the products that they are endorsing in their reviews : )

These would be great rather than trying to stand on my head to see something up close through the lowest lense on my tri-focals ! Thank you : )

#12 posted 09-05-2014 01:48 PM

These would be great rather than trying to stand on my head to see something up close through the lowest lens on my tri-focals ! Thank you : )

- Dusty56

I love tools that truly make a difference in your work day. These are such a tool.

You will wonder how you got a long without them.

Send us some feedback once you have had time to use them please.