Harbor Freigth Tree Pruning Tool

Review by b2rtch posted 07-12-2014 01:08 PM 5435 views 0 times favorited 13 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Harbor Freigth Tree Pruning Tool No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I had several trees with dead branches that I wanted to cut.
Several times at Harbor Freight I looked at the cordless electric chainsaw which at $60.00 after rebate is a good buy but being cheap I decided not not buy it but to buy the manual tool instead.
I am very glad I did.
It is very well build made not of cheap stuff but heavy steel and the adjustable pole is also steel and lock with a 1/4 turn or so.
I used this tool most of the day yesterday and I am very happy with it.
I paid around $12.00 after 25% off for it.
One more Harbor Freight gem.

View waho6o9's profile

waho6o9

#1 posted 07-12-2014 01:34 PM

I like the saw on the pruner good idea thanks

for the review Bert.

#2 posted 07-12-2014 04:43 PM

I need one badly

-- Norman

View patcollins's profile

patcollins

#3 posted 07-12-2014 06:51 PM

How is the saw portion to use? I have a cheap one that I bought at Big Lots and while the pruner works well the saw portion is about useless.

#4 posted 07-12-2014 09:16 PM

I applied dry lubricant on the saw before using it to improve the use.
Yesterday I cut several 2 to 3” diameter branches with no problem

View Mark Davisson's profile

Mark Davisson

510 posts in 2064 days

#5 posted 07-12-2014 09:45 PM

You could probably have rented one for a day for $12. This way you own it for the same price!

-- I'm selfless because it feels so good!

View Greg..the Cajun Wood Artist's profile

Greg..the Cajun Wood Artist

5264 posts in 2055 days

#6 posted 07-12-2014 10:43 PM

I have one of those and use it a lot. Well worth the money.

-- Each step of every Wood Art project I design and build is considered my masterpieceā€¦ because I want the finished product to reflect the quality and creativeness of my work

View retfr8flyr's profile

retfr8flyr

#7 posted 07-13-2014 01:55 AM

i have the manual one and I needed something better to cut back my Crape Myrtle trees last year. I got the electric one from HF and was surprised at what a good job it did. Can’t beat them for the price and I would recommend both of them.

-- Earl

View Roger's profile

#8 posted 07-13-2014 01:37 PM

Thnx for your review. I almost bought the electric one earlier this spring. Still haven’t done it yet. This manual one looks like it would be the next best thing.

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

#9 posted 07-13-2014 02:04 PM

You all are welcome

View Blackie_'s profile

Blackie_

#10 posted 08-02-2014 02:17 PM

Here’s my thinking, Harborfreight started off with a reputation of selling low end tools at a low price those days are long gone as today they are selling low quality tools at a higher price, The old saying, don’t put all of your eggs in one basket, Homedepot has several 14” to 16” electric saws to choose from along with their manual pole saws. I’ve come to learn that HF doesn’t always the best prices anymore.

-- Randy - If I'm not on LJ's then I'm making Saw Dust. Please feel free to visit my store location at http://www.facebook.com/randy.blackstock.custom.wood.designs

#11 posted 08-02-2014 04:24 PM

“today they are selling low quality tools at a higher price”
I totally disagree with you, HF still offers the best prices ( on most tools) by far.
For 30 years, HF has been my favorite store.

View Blackie_'s profile

Blackie_

#12 posted 08-02-2014 05:48 PM

Bert, hence my links, that’s why I posted them to show what I was talking about. HD offers the same size electric saw $4.00 cheaper, as for as the pole saw I’d rather pay $15.00 more knowing I’m going to get something that’s actually going to cut, my past experience with HF on any cutting blades across the board have been a failure, they don’t cut, I’ve never…. to this day had any good luck with anything that I’ve purchased from HF it’s all been junk, I’m now being careful and choosing wisely depending on what I’m going for as HF does have some items you can’t go wrong with, my main issue have been blades and machinery.

#13 posted 08-02-2014 06:36 PM

THE POLE AT hf IS $69 AFTER REBATE.
YOU PREFER HD, I PREFER HF, FINE.