Great product at a great price

Review by TheFridge posted 07-06-2014 02:46 AM 2871 views 0 times favorited 23 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great product at a great price No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Hello there, I found this guy on ebay for 150$ with free shipping so I decided to get me one.

I’ve heard a lot about the quality of incra products and this one is every thing I wanted and more.
It took about 30 min to assemble and set up for use. I had a smidgeon of doubt about the extruded aluminum rail, but this miter gauge has so me heft to it. I don’t know you could possibly improve the positive indexing stops with vernier scale. Especially at this price. The glide lock miter bar is east to adjust, slides like butter, especially after waxing, and incra provides extras in case they are ever worn out past the adjustment point. Adjusting the gauge square with the blade was easy with an engineers square with 4 screws to lock it down tight, leaving little doubt about the chances of it coming out of square without dropping it. Hard. The fence extension was relatively easy to setup and the flip stop is rock solid.

I cut sides off of a roughly 12”x12” piece of 1/4” ply, and measured both ends. If there was a difference in the ends it was in the 10s of thousandths and unmeasurable to me. Though this part was more about the setup of the miter gauge, I believe it will be a long time before I ever have to make any adjustments because of the construction of the gauge. It’s always awesome when everything comes together perfectly.

I can’t tell you if every indexed angle is perfect because I’ll probably never use the majority of them. The common angles of 221/2, 45, and 90 are dead on even after switching between them.

You might think an accurate, precise gauge like this would have an easier way to extend the fence without a provided hex screwdriver, but regardless, there are small sacrifices for precision. I am totally fine with the fence and micro adjustment feature with the tool provided.

All in all i, am pumped to have a tool that I don’t have to wonder about when I use it.

This thing is solid. I recommend it.

View retfr8flyr's profile

retfr8flyr

#1 posted 07-06-2014 04:14 AM

I have this miter also and I agree, it’s a great tool.

-- Earl

#2 posted 07-06-2014 04:29 AM

Incra gauges are it. no guess work.

#3 posted 07-06-2014 04:47 AM

Wish I wasn’t late to the party. They have a couple more items I’d like to purchase.

View Lumberpunk's profile

Lumberpunk

#4 posted 07-06-2014 06:13 AM

I have owned one for five years and love it, even dropped it once or twice and it stayed square… though not the last time.

View Sawdust4Blood's profile

Sawdust4Blood

#5 posted 07-06-2014 08:29 AM

I’ve had mine for 4 or 5 years now. Even through years of not always gentle use and being packed and shipped by movers twice, it’s remained rock solid and precise.

The one other Incra tool I own is a router lift and it’s also incredibly precise and super solid. At this point, if I was considering any tool and Incra was one of the options, they would definitely be a front runner.

-- Greg, Severn MD

View vskgaming's profile

vskgaming

#6 posted 07-06-2014 01:58 PM

Good review, thank you for posting.

I missed the opportunity to get this same miter guage i found on Craigslist brand new still in original packaging for $100 :(. I had added it to my favorites but never really contacted the poster.

-- VSKGAMING

View paxorion's profile

paxorion

#7 posted 07-06-2014 08:41 PM

I’ve loved mine. Haven’t taken the time to verify the 0 degree setting yet, but it seems pretty darn accurate out of the box. I think I bought mine off Rockler when it was on sale a few months back for $120 and free shipping. I explained to my wife (after I clicked order) that it was something I was planning on buying as the last miter gauge I hope to ever buy.

-- paxorion

#8 posted 07-07-2014 12:28 AM

Great responses. Seems like I have a winner.

View Roger's profile

#9 posted 07-07-2014 01:28 PM

Nice review. Thnx

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

#10 posted 07-07-2014 01:33 PM

No prob Rog.

Pax, If it works for you out the box roll with it bud. Wish I could’ve gotten it for 120$.

View Dedvw's profile

Dedvw

#11 posted 07-07-2014 04:40 PM

I’ve had one for about 4 years and have used it a bunch of times. I get fantastic repeatability with mine. I love it, and expect to buy more Incra in the future.

#12 posted 07-07-2014 11:01 PM

once in awhile Rockler or someone will have the 1000hd on super sale like 99 or something. even though I own a 1000SE, It’s been hard to resist a second Incra for that price.
It is little tricky getting that plate adjustment just perfect.

View bygrace's profile

bygrace

#13 posted 07-08-2014 12:48 AM

I’ve had the 1000hd for a couple of years now and love it. I really enjoy the option of dialing in to the 1/10th of a degree. Very useful when making lamp shades. I only have a contractors table saw, although a good Bosch one, and get great results.

-- Andy, Waxahachie, Tx.

#14 posted 07-08-2014 01:17 AM

Mine is being used on an old but not too old craftsman contractor saw.

I guess I got lucky Router, it was money to the thousandth after cutting 5 sides off some ply and measuring. A 9” engineers square prob didn’t hurt either.

#15 posted 07-08-2014 02:43 AM

Is suspect HD’s 4 screw and under mounted plate vs SE’s 3 screw top mounted plate makes a difference in adjustment.