Veritas Vietnamese style hand plane

Review by cdaniels posted 06-25-2014 11:16 PM 2194 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Veritas Vietnamese style hand plane Veritas Vietnamese style hand plane Veritas Vietnamese style hand plane Click the pictures to enlarge them

Just figured if post a couple pics of my Vietnamese style hand plane I got from veritas for 62$. It’s 245mm and comes hand tuned with a camber allready on the blade! Made from rosewood I believe and I’m very impressed so far.. Will update once it gets some abuse.

Iron sides

View OldWrangler's profile

OldWrangler

#1 posted 06-26-2014 02:58 AM

I hope this helps solve your planning while sitting problem. Let us know how it works out. Good luck.

-- I've given this a lot of thought and I don't think being an adult will work for me!!

View lumberjoe's profile

lumberjoe

#2 posted 06-27-2014 04:52 PM

5 stars, no use. This is a blog post not a review.

-- www.etsy.com/shop/KandJWoodCrafts

#3 posted 06-27-2014 09:23 PM

Well I didn’t realize that it automatically put the 5 stars up there. As I’ve used it to a bit of extent I will say it definitely is a lot easier pulling it than pushing but even pushing it thru boards is pretty easy. I like the ergonomics of the design and it’s a great idea for someone confined thru a chair that can’t bend and twist like normal. I would give it 4 stars but I don’t know how to change it.

Iron Sides

View Sarit's profile

Sarit

#4 posted 07-11-2014 07:10 PM

Your title says Taiwanese but your description says Vietnamese but to me it looks like a Japanese hand plane.

#5 posted 07-11-2014 10:07 PM

Haha your right I’m sry I didn’t realize that. The japanese style planes are more block shaped without the contour. This one is Taiwanese and the Vietnamese style has a piece running thru it horizontally from left to right to hold on to.

View Sarit's profile

Sarit

#6 posted 07-11-2014 10:50 PM

Cool, I learn something new every time.