Riser Block

Review by khop posted 07-12-2008 11:05 PM 2177 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Riser Block Riser Block Riser Block Click the pictures to enlarge them

The riser block made for the Grizzly G0555 14” bandsaw also works on the older Jet 14” saw. I compared the cost and it was a no brainer. The Grizzly H3051 Extension kit does the job for only $59.00 . This kit comes complete including a new 105” blade. The blade isn’t the best, so maybe order a good one for resawing. I also equiped this saw with new tires from Rockler. Most reviews say they are the ones to get. The cost of the tires are most resonable at rockler (HUH). Be sure to check out the pics.
KHOP

-- How am I doing? Better than I deserve. Dave Ramsey

View khop's profile

khop

#1 posted 07-12-2008 11:32 PM

Good buy. I need to check out a riser block for my 18” saw. I bought all of the parts to weld up one, but haven’t done that either.

Good job.

View Chris 's profile

Chris

#2 posted 07-13-2008 04:09 AM

Nice find thanks! I have a newer Jet 14” and have been seriously considering a riser block. How did the installation go?

View GaryK's profile

GaryK

#3 posted 07-13-2008 04:29 AM

Now you need a good Woodslicer resaw blade from Highland Hardware.

Good deal!

View JB's profile

JB

#4 posted 07-14-2008 07:49 PM

Be sure to get a longer blade, otherwise the one you have could be a bit tight : ) .

-- JB

View Taigert's profile

Taigert

#5 posted 07-14-2008 08:03 PM

I like the idea

I’m just not a real big Rockler fan, they charge to much for their stuff.

-- Taigert - Milan, IN