New Oliver 4230 8" Jointer

Review by bons posted 82 days ago 3010 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
New Oliver 4230 8" Jointer New Oliver 4230 8" Jointer New Oliver 4230 8" Jointer Click the pictures to enlarge them

Just wanted to post some pictures of new Oliver 4230 jointer I recently set up in basement workshop. I looked at a lot of reviews before pulling tigger on Oliver. Really liked the weight at 655 lbs, long bed and overall look of machine. Took 4 of us to get it around and into to back walk out basement door. My two sons at 6’4 and 6’2 and son in law at 6’5. I helped but but at 63 and 5’9, not so much. Moral support. Removed bed and moved in two stages. The machine comes basically assembled, which is nice. Just install fence system and a few odds and ends. I will write a full review when I start using. There were some machine marks on bed which I was not happy about but it won’t affect anything operationally. Look for my future review.

Chris

View bons's profile

bons

View Ripthorn's profile

Ripthorn

It’s a great looking machine. I’ve wondered about the new Olivers and if they are still good.

-- Brian T. - Exact science is not an exact science

View Ocelot's profile

Ocelot

OK. I’m envious!

View freddy1962's profile

freddy1962

OH MY! Just got goosebumps…LOL

-- JEFF Illinois (Banks of the Mississippi)

View Roger's profile

Looks like a fine hunk-a-hunk-a beef.

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

View bowedcurly's profile

bowedcurly

that is some prime beef, lean castiron

-- Staining killed the wood<<<<<>>>>>Dyeing gave it life

View mpinjp's profile

mpinjp

Hey Chris – that’s a nice looking machine. I hadn’t heard of Oliver before, but they have an impressive resume.
I am looking forward to reading your review of it when you post it.
I am currently in the market for a jointer, and so I was wondering where you got yours from, and if you would recommend whoever that was.

Thanks,
Myanna

-- Myanna, Boston http://www.myanna.com

View bons's profile

bons

Myanna—missed your post. Sorry. Cag Lumber in Gainesville, GA. It’s a wholesale lumber dealer in Gainsville, GA. Easy to do business with. Very happy with machine. Thx.

Chris