Kobalt Garage Air Line Kit

Review by tme4tls posted 05-23-2014 05:08 PM 4144 views 1 time favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Kobalt Garage Air Line Kit No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

If I could have rated it with less than 1 star I would have. In short, don’t waste your time! Every joint I tested leaked! There was noting I could have done to stop the leaks.

View tme4tls's profile

tme4tls

View Don Niermann  's profile

Don Niermann

#1 posted 05-23-2014 09:26 PM

I tried that and after a week of trying I put it where belonged. In the trash.

-- WOOD/DON (...one has the right to ones opinion but not the right to ones own facts...)

View mizzourob's profile

mizzourob

#2 posted 05-24-2014 04:40 AM

Thanks for the review! I was looking at this earlier this week in the store as I am contemplating running air lines in my shop. There were no reviews on the big blue store’s website and I did not want to gamble. HF used to sell something similar and even they discontinued it. Kudos for the feedback!

View BoardSMITH's profile

BoardSMITH

#3 posted 05-24-2014 10:12 AM

BTW I did leave a review on Lowes web site but it wasn’t published.

-- David www.TheBoardSMITH.com

View thetinman's profile

thetinman

#4 posted 05-24-2014 12:00 PM

Thanks for your info. I’ve tried writing reviews for purchases at Lowes also. They will not publish unless you sign up for their “MY Lowes” card. Enough tracking everything I do already.

-- Life is what happens to you while you are planning better things -Mark Twain

View woodchuckerNJ's profile

woodchuckerNJ

#5 posted 05-26-2014 12:42 AM

Actually the HF got good reviews. Too bad they stopped carrying it.

-- Jeff NJ

View ducky911's profile

ducky911

#6 posted 05-26-2014 03:41 PM

I have that set also….got the leaks where it is usable but it is on my list to replace at any price to a system that works better…..that blue hose just wants to stay in a roll.

View tommyboy's profile

tommyboy

#7 posted 05-29-2014 10:29 PM

OK, so does anyone know of a similar kit that works well?
-tommy NJ

-- -tommy NJ

View JohnnyVee's profile

JohnnyVee

43 posts in 2055 days

#8 posted 05-30-2014 03:17 PM

I installed the kit from RapidAir. Worked like a charm and the only leaks I had were my own fault (not cutting the line straight and flush or not seating the line into fully into the connectors). I have had it running for almost a year now with no problems. So glad I installed it.

-- John ..."Measure twice, cut once and always do a finger count right after that..."

View applejim's profile

applejim

#9 posted 05-31-2014 04:26 AM

I purchase air hose when it is on sale and use either brass or nylon fittings with hose clamps. Doesn’t leak, is inexpensive and gives me all the flexibility I need. Be sure to put in some drainage petcocks at low spots to get rid of any condensation that might collect in the lines. Good luck!

View Shawn Masterson's profile

Shawn Masterson

#10 posted 06-17-2014 02:40 AM

just use pex

View Dbear's profile

Dbear

#11 posted 08-23-2014 03:27 PM

Just bought a RapidAir Master Kit and some extras through Sears. Most of it was on sale for around 30-40% of so I don’t have alot tied up in it. Hoping to get it installed within the next week. Everything in the kit looks to be well made and based on the liturature it appears to be an easy installation. I probably should have gone for the 3/4” but I’ll see how it works before I say anything else.

-- Mark