Wooden Spinner Swivel

Review by ca8920 posted 05-06-2014 10:28 PM 2321 views 2 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Wooden Spinner Swivel No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

A few weeks back I made some wooden spinners and posted pictures of the spinners as a project. After posting pictures of the spinners I received several questions about the types of swivels I used. After testing several types of swivels I decided the sealed ball bearing swivels were the best and didn’t gunk up or break down. Below is a Cabela’s like to the Sampo type swivels I ended up using. They spin very easily due to the internal ball bearing.

-- Chris, Sparks Nevada,

View ca8920's profile

View SASmith               's profile

1809 posts in 2074 days

#1 posted 05-06-2014 11:04 PM

Thanks for the review and link.

-- Scott Smith, Southern Illinois

View Rick's profile

#2 posted 05-08-2014 11:06 PM

Nice to have another Fisherman On Board Chris.

Thanks for the Review. I use a couple of the same but slightly different Swivels. As You’ve mentioned the Important thing is that they have a Ball Bearing Setup.

Compared to the Non Ball Bearing, they don’t come cheap. Which is why the Word “SNAG” is another Four Letter Word. ...LOL…

I’m going to drop in a few Pics of mine from Bass Pro (Canada). Hope you don’t mind. Also a Snap Lock Lure Connector.

Without a Pair of Split Ring Pliers I’d go Nuts, trying to open and hold Split Rings.

I just happened to be walking by the Fishing Display in Wal Mart and saw A Pair similar to the ones below for about 8/9 Bucks including the Case. They work jut fine!

Thanks again for your Review.

Regards: Rick