Makita BO3710 Finishing Sander

Review by b2rtch posted 05-03-2014 06:39 PM 2087 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Makita BO3710 Finishing Sander No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I got this sander just two days ago but I already put quite few hours on it.
Like every one else I have multiple sanders.
I am doing project for the church and no sander that I already have could have been used to do what I need to do except a 1/4 sheet orbital sander that I rarely use because it does not do a very good job.
A 1/2 sheet sander is too big, too heavy and too cumbersome.
This sander is 1/3 sheet.
For what I have to do it is the perfect size.
It perform very well yet it is light and vibration free.
My vacuum cleaner hose does not fit on it, I need to buy an adapter.
The only thing awkward for me it to cut the sand-paper sheets in third as neither in inch or in metric do that fall on an exact measurement.
The four stars is because of the longevity.
I do not yet know but being a Makita I am sure that this tool will last.

View dhazelton's profile (online now)

dhazelton

#1 posted 05-03-2014 08:56 PM

I have the Makita 1/4 and 1/2 sheet. They are great. If you have to do a lot of sanding in one shot wear some padded gloves, trade hands and take breaks. I gave myself tendonitis in my wrist that was painful and expensive to treat.

#2 posted 05-04-2014 03:33 PM

Bert nice job, good review and congrats on another sander. I’m sure you love sanding just like the rest of us…LOL I have there 1/2 sheet sander while it is heavy it serves it’s purpose when needed. Enjoy!

View Hammertime23's profile

Hammertime23

#3 posted 05-13-2014 01:58 AM

Thanks for the review. I own a Makita 1/4 sheet and a Makita 5” Orbital disk sander. I run both more then I wish, they hold up well. I have been debating the 1/3 or the 1/2, the big price difference leans me towards the 1/3.

-- "To each is own"

#4 posted 05-13-2014 04:21 AM

I have been using this sander each day for two weeks now.
1/3 sheet is the perfect size for me.