Upgrade for Stanley Knob and Tote

Review by JohnChung posted 115 days ago 2507 views 1 time favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Upgrade for Stanley Knob and Tote Upgrade for Stanley Knob and Tote Upgrade for Stanley Knob and Tote Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought a Stanley handplane #4 made in Sheffield. Over the year I have upgraded the chip breaker to LV and my latest addition is the knob and tote. The service provided by Greg is simply excellent. I had to provide
some feedback like the type of make it was including snapshot of the mounting screws the handplane was using.

After the tote and knob was made, Greg sent me a photo of the set installed on a handplane. It really helps visualizing the upgrade. He took the time to choose the right grain for the tote and knob.

Included are the new knob and tote from Greg. The old set was made of plastic. I would say it does provide
better grip to the handle. Greg has applied hard carnauba wax for easy maintenance.

In short excellent!!

View JohnChung's profile

JohnChung

View RogerBean's profile

RogerBean

John,
I fully agree. Ugly tools may work fine, but they’re not nearly as satisfying to use. A woodworker who honors his tools is well on the way to becoming a craftsman. Just my opinion.

View poopiekat's profile

poopiekat

Found the address: http://www.drozsoldetymestanleytotesandknobs.com/

Yeah, After spending most of my free time in a two-week period making one single tote….yes, I’d buy pre-made, pre-finished totes, for sure!!

View Mainiac Matt 's profile

Mainiac Matt

very nice!

-- Pine is fine, but Oak's no joke!

Great addition, congrats