Harbor Freight Toggle Clamp

Review by Jerry posted 03-29-2014 05:21 PM 3679 views 2 times favorited 13 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Harbor Freight Toggle Clamp No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Hard to beat for the money, I just bought two and am very very happy with them. Very substantial and very high quality. For $5.49 as opposed to Rockler’s > $20.00 price, they’re hard to beat.

-- There are good ships and there are wood ships, the ships that sail the sea, but the best ships are friendships and may they always be.

View Jerry's profile

View Charlie75's profile

#1 posted 03-29-2014 07:40 PM

I didn’t know they had these. I will be picking up a couple on my next trip to HF.

-- Charlie75, Alto

View Chris208's profile

#2 posted 03-29-2014 09:46 PM

I used these to attach my drill press tablet to the existing table. Works great and they are very affordable.

View Roger's profile

#3 posted 03-30-2014 12:18 AM

Nice. Quite a while back, I actually bought a half a dozen of these while in Kansas during a visit with my kids. They were on a small clearance shelf, for 2 bux a piece. WhoopWhoop!! There is a really nice, large HF in Wichita.

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe.

View Julian's profile

#4 posted 03-30-2014 12:42 AM

I have several of these toggle clamps, all purchased from Harbor Freight. They are definitely much cheaper than similar clamps at any other store. I use them for various jigs and they are very sturdy and work just as well as any other.

-- Julian

#5 posted 03-30-2014 02:14 AM

I’ve had excellent luck with mine as well. Got them while on sale, so even happier about them : )

View jeff's profile

#6 posted 03-30-2014 04:26 AM

Thx for posting because I forget HF has these and I need some also-glad to hear they perform well…

-- Jeff,Tucson,Az.

View MT_Stringer's profile

#7 posted 03-30-2014 05:12 AM

Yeppirs. I used a couple of those clamps on a jig to hold my shelf pin jig in place.

-- Handcrafted by Mike Henderson - Channelview, Texas

View NiteWalker's profile

#8 posted 03-30-2014 07:35 AM

Toggles are one of things where it’s hard to get wrong.

I won’t pay woodworking store prices either.
Two other sources are amazon and here. Very fair prices.

-- He who dies with the most tools... dies with the emptiest wallet.

View steve_in_ohio's profile

#9 posted 03-30-2014 04:48 PM

I have used these on many jigs and have had no problems with them

-- steve, simple and effective

View adrianpglover's profile

#10 posted 03-31-2014 10:12 AM

I did not realize that they had toggle clamps. Going to have to go down the road and pick up a couple of them. Got an upright freezer door that doesn’t like to stay closed and I’ve discussed putting one of these on the top to help us with it. Thanks for posting!

View BinghamtonEd's profile

2047 posts in 1456 days

#11 posted 03-31-2014 12:59 PM

These really are one of HF’s better items. I have 4. With the 25% coupon from their ad, the deal is even sweeter. They also have the horizontal-clamping toggles, as well, which also work nice.

-- - The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held its ground.

View GoBlu's profile

#12 posted 04-29-2014 01:02 AM

Thank you for the review. I’ve been wondering about these. I’m going to get some for some jigs. I do have a bessey autoadjust clamp that I put on my kreg jig, just to make the clamping easier, since there’s so much clamping and unclamping over and over. Pricey, but woodcraft had a special and peachtree had an adapter bracket. Those autoadjusts are nice, but for a simple jig just too costly, I’ll go with these HF’s for the price. I always use the coupons combined with sales, too. Good to know they’re decent.

View Charlie75's profile

#13 posted 05-03-2014 01:14 AM

I knew there was something I forgot to get when I stopped into Harbor Freight. Going to have to add that to my list.

-- Charlie75, Alto