one great work light

Review by eddie posted 03-26-2014 01:58 PM 2466 views 0 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
one great work light one great work light No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I use these small work light and have went thur a few that i pick up here and there but this one is a great light and versatile ,it has a strong magnet or can be clip on or even has a hanger , ,the cord is 18 ft long and heavy duty was impressed enough that i put it on all the tool that needed a bit more light at the work area ,its a five stars for sure , please over look the mess as i have been setting up and tuning some tools , plus its a mess most of the time anyways . this light is on sale at woodcraft for 20 buck now and well worth it

View patron's profile

#1 posted 03-26-2014 03:02 PM

a good light fixture eddie

i’ve had one for years
before the new ‘cool’ light bulbs
the old style incandescent bulb
heated the metal shroud so much
it melted the switch

so a fluorescent or LED bulb is best for these
as they are much cooler

#2 posted 03-26-2014 03:21 PM

wats up David my friend ,they are a lot cooler ,

View gfadvm's profile

#3 posted 03-26-2014 04:01 PM

I really need one of those! The WalMart version sucks. (magnet was to puny to hold the light on the front cover).

-- " I'll try to be nicer, if you'll try to be smarter" gfadvm

#4 posted 03-26-2014 05:13 PM

Andy these hold and are on sale till the end of the month, i did the same and now used the walmart one on something else , what i like is the long cord and its heavy duty

View whitebeast88's profile

#5 posted 03-27-2014 12:43 AM

thanks for the review,i was saying over the weekend i needed a light on my bandsaw.haven’t been seeing the lines to clearly.thanks again!!!

-- Marty.Athens,AL

View JL7's profile

8084 posts in 2005 days

#6 posted 03-27-2014 10:32 AM

Hey Eddie..I have a couple of those myself from Woodcraft. Very handy for sure….only problem with mine is you can’t tighten the shade up enough so they slide onto the lightbulb while you’re working. Also forget to try to fix that…..maybe today..

That’s a nice looking saw as well!

-- Jeff - I have not failed. I've just found 10,002 ways that won't work.

View Hawaiilad's profile

2562 posts in 2061 days

#7 posted 03-27-2014 10:09 PM

As we do not have a WoodCraft store on our Island, I tired to order this light online….nope, can’t ship here airmail because there is a magnet included and it’s considered a hazard. Called the store on another Island here and they can ship, but must be on the barge boat that will take a month to arrive…only 45 minutes by air distance away. So, I ordered two. The in store price is a couple dollars more.

-- Larry in sunny and warm Hawaii,

View Roger's profile

#8 posted 03-28-2014 11:53 AM

Let there be light. Thnx for your thoughts eddie.

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe.

View Woodtodust's profile

#9 posted 03-29-2014 01:26 PM

Well Eddie—you convinced me. I ordered the light this week and I am anxiously awaiting its arrival. My shop is in my garage and when the door is closed it is a bit dark. I’ve tried a number of battery operated lights with magnetic bases but, for the most part—not so good. This looks like it will be just the thing.

-- Bill...Richmond Hill, GA--"83% of all statistics are made up."

#10 posted 03-30-2014 02:22 AM

I hope this is better than the one I got from WoodCraft a couple of years ago. The magnet is so weak, it just slides down the front of my bandsaw : ( Good luck with yours : )