The Little Vac That Could

Review by pashley posted 03-24-2014 12:39 PM 2099 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
The Little Vac That Could No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Ok, never thought I’d be writing a review about a shop vac, but…

I ordered this by mail order from Home Depot, wanting to replace my burned out 16 gallon shop vac, which was used to collect sawdust from my big tools.

This was a wrong choice, because the hose diameter was only 1 1/4”, and not the 2 1/2” I really needed – my mistake.

Nevertheless, the assembly was easy, and I appreciated it used vac bags, which is much easier to change, versus tipping over the entire unit, which means no dusty filters to shake out – a much cleaner proposition.

Since I couldn’t use it for dust collection – except for smaller power tools, like my biscuit joiner, I use it for cleaning up fine dust, such as what’s on basically everything in the shop, and I also use it to clean up pieces I sand. It has great power, is fairly quiet, and rolls around very easily.

It comes with a wand for floor cleaning, but it’s fairly spindly, and I really don’t use it that much. The overall construction and materials is better than average.

So, if you’re looking for quiet, powerful shop vac to clean up fine dust, or perhaps use on smaller power tools, this would be a good choice, as it’s only $69.

-- Have a blessed day! http://newmissionworkshop.com

View pashley's profile

pashley

View Alongiron's profile

Alongiron

#1 posted 03-24-2014 12:43 PM

I would not say it is the wrong size. Perfect size for hooking up to your random orbital sanders and disc sanders

-- Measure twice and cut once.....

View pashley's profile

pashley

#2 posted 03-24-2014 12:45 PM

Yes, like I said, for small power tools

-- Have a blessed day! http://newmissionworkshop.com