Amazing Saw Blade - No Burning!!!

Review by Jerry posted 03-19-2014 02:19 AM 3711 views 2 times favorited 18 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Amazing Saw Blade - No Burning!!! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

On the advice of many Lumberjocks after my forum post about having problems burning Maple, I went out today and bought this blade. This is the magic bullet. No burning, No resistance smooth smooth smooth cutting!!!! Buy this blade now.

-- There are good ships and there are wood ships, the ships that sail the sea, but the best ships are friendships and may they always be.

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

#1 posted 03-19-2014 03:42 AM

Nothing can beat the Freud glue line blades. or their other blades for that matter in price performance and length of time they stay sharp..

-- Router è ancora il mio nome.

View eatsawdust's profile

eatsawdust

#2 posted 03-19-2014 04:02 AM

This blade really is amazing I made cutting boards for Christmas presents, I don’t have a jointer so I used this blade and got amazing results.

-- Why does everything I enjoy doing have to be bad for the environment, I work in the oil industry and enjoy working with exotic woods from rain forests

View jumbojack's profile

jumbojack

#3 posted 03-19-2014 01:53 PM

Sharp is hard to beat. Last year I had my two combo blades sharpened. I just put the second one on this week. It is like night and day. We could all do ourselves a favor by keeping our stuff sharp.

-- Made in America, with American made tools....Shopsmith

View SPalm's profile

SPalm

#4 posted 03-19-2014 03:42 PM

I bought this blade 6 months ago and I agree that it is one of the nicest blades that I have bought.
It leaves a rounded top on the cut, so if you are trying to do a thin dado with multiple slices you will have to consider that.

Steve

-- -- I'm no rocket surgeon

#5 posted 03-19-2014 10:19 PM

Thanks for the review. I have used Freud’s 24 and 50 tooth blades with success. I will have to give this one a try.

#6 posted 03-19-2014 10:37 PM

For anybody who lives in the Portland, OR area,

212 NE 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97232
(503) 231-0226

They bought a a bunch of these blades on sale and are unloading them for $54.99 right now.

View lanwater's profile

lanwater

#7 posted 03-20-2014 04:51 AM

Cool. I am getting one. I was looking for a rip blade.

-- Abbas, Castro Valley, CA

View CharlesA's profile

CharlesA

#8 posted 03-20-2014 11:54 AM

It’s worth noting that Freud recommends this for 3/4” max stock. I use it for 1”, but switch to my 24 tooth for thicker.

View Roger's profile

#9 posted 03-20-2014 02:37 PM

I love Freud blades.

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

View Gerry's profile

Gerry

#10 posted 03-21-2014 05:36 PM

I love em too. Got 3, one 40 tooth combo and 2 resharpened 60 tooth crosscut blades. Great results when you use a clean and sharp blade!
Have one WWII, and 1 ridge smooth bottom cut blades. Prefer the Freud’s for all but rabbet cutting.

-- -Gerry, Hereford, AZ ” A really good woodworker knows how the hide his / her mistakes.”

View Purrmaster's profile

Purrmaster

#11 posted 03-22-2014 08:50 AM

It’s a good blade. I’ve got one installed in my table saw right now. It really does make a nice, clean cut.

#12 posted 03-22-2014 07:17 PM

I’m glad your experience with it matches mine, I’d hate to steer anyone wrong.

View dnick's profile

dnick

#13 posted 03-23-2014 03:32 AM

I’ve had that blade for about a year. Just great. I wish I had bought one years ago.

-- dnick, North Hollywood, Ca.

View MarkTheFiddler's profile

MarkTheFiddler

1974 posts in 1128 days

#14 posted 03-31-2014 10:20 PM

Jerry,

My Freud experiences match yours. I put a Freud blade on my POS HF table saw and it changed everything! That old table saw bit the dust and went to a far nicer contractor saw. Now those Freud blades are even better. ;) I really like them and I picked up a new blade here and there during the monthly sales at Wood crafters or Rockler. Eventually I started to scorch the maple. A quick cleanup on the blades worked nicely.

-- Thanks for all the lessons!

View Purrmaster's profile

Purrmaster

#15 posted 04-05-2014 09:28 AM

Oddly, I can’t find this blade on Freud’s website anymore. I wonder if they’ve discontinued it.