Amazing Saw Blade - No Burning!!!

Review by Jerry posted 164 days ago 2854 views 2 times favorited 18 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Amazing Saw Blade - No Burning!!! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

On the advice of many Lumberjocks after my forum post about having problems burning Maple, I went out today and bought this blade. This is the magic bullet. No burning, No resistance smooth smooth smooth cutting!!!! Buy this blade now.

-- I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone. My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

Nothing can beat the Freud glue line blades. or their other blades for that matter in price performance and length of time they stay sharp..

-- Router è ancora il mio nome.

View eatsawdust's profile

eatsawdust

This blade really is amazing I made cutting boards for Christmas presents, I don’t have a jointer so I used this blade and got amazing results.

-- Why does everything I enjoy doing have to be bad for the environment, I work in the oil industry and enjoy working with exotic woods from rain forests

View jumbojack's profile (online now)

jumbojack

Sharp is hard to beat. Last year I had my two combo blades sharpened. I just put the second one on this week. It is like night and day. We could all do ourselves a favor by keeping our stuff sharp.

-- Made in America, with American made tools....Shopsmith

View SPalm's profile

SPalm

I bought this blade 6 months ago and I agree that it is one of the nicest blades that I have bought.
It leaves a rounded top on the cut, so if you are trying to do a thin dado with multiple slices you will have to consider that.

Steve

-- -- I'm no rocket surgeon

Thanks for the review. I have used Freud’s 24 and 50 tooth blades with success. I will have to give this one a try.

For anybody who lives in the Portland, OR area,

212 NE 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97232
(503) 231-0226

They bought a a bunch of these blades on sale and are unloading them for $54.99 right now.

View lanwater's profile

lanwater

Cool. I am getting one. I was looking for a rip blade.

-- Abbas, Castro Valley, CA

View CharlesA's profile

CharlesA

It’s worth noting that Freud recommends this for 3/4” max stock. I use it for 1”, but switch to my 24 tooth for thicker.

View Roger's profile

I love Freud blades.

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

View Gerry's profile

Gerry

I love em too. Got 3, one 40 tooth combo and 2 resharpened 60 tooth crosscut blades. Great results when you use a clean and sharp blade!
Have one WWII, and 1 ridge smooth bottom cut blades. Prefer the Freud’s for all but rabbet cutting.

-- -Gerry, Hereford, AZ ” A really good woodworker knows how the hide his / her mistakes.”

View Purrmaster's profile

Purrmaster

It’s a good blade. I’ve got one installed in my table saw right now. It really does make a nice, clean cut.

Jerry

I’m glad your experience with it matches mine, I’d hate to steer anyone wrong.

View dnick's profile

dnick

I’ve had that blade for about a year. Just great. I wish I had bought one years ago.

-- dnick, North Hollywood, Ca.

View MarkTheFiddler's profile

MarkTheFiddler

Jerry,

My Freud experiences match yours. I put a Freud blade on my POS HF table saw and it changed everything! That old table saw bit the dust and went to a far nicer contractor saw. Now those Freud blades are even better. ;) I really like them and I picked up a new blade here and there during the monthly sales at Wood crafters or Rockler. Eventually I started to scorch the maple. A quick cleanup on the blades worked nicely.

-- Thanks for all the lessons!

View Purrmaster's profile

Purrmaster

Oddly, I can’t find this blade on Freud’s website anymore. I wonder if they’ve discontinued it.