Great deal for beginning woodworkers

Review by Woodshopfreak posted 07-02-2008 08:15 PM 1634 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great deal for beginning woodworkers No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This is a blade I was curious about for a long time and I can tell you that this blade is great. I was originally looking into the 40 tooth version of this because Wood magazine had rated it really great but this one just caught my eye because it has more teeth, better for crosscutting, and it has large gullets every five teeth for sawdust removal. This makes it great. I was worried that my “Under powered saw” couldn’t handle ripping with a 50 tooth blade but this thing has the large gullets and sharp enough teeth to power through and give you pretty decent cuts. Now this isn’t any Forest WWII blade but it is pretty nice and I don’t mind having to run it one trough my jointer if I want a perfect cut.

-- Tyler, Illinois

View Woodshopfreak's profile

Woodshopfreak

View HokieMojo's profile

HokieMojo

#1 posted 07-03-2008 04:09 AM

I just bought a dewalt blade. I’m thinking I should have checked here first. I’ve never used a great blade, so I don’t have a benchmark for good or bad, butyou were smart to check some reviews first. Thanks for the review. This seems like an affordable option.

View Andy McCormick's profile

Andy McCormick

#2 posted 07-23-2008 11:39 PM

I use forrest blades only. You wont find a better blade on the market.

-- Andy, Liberty,Indiana, www.mccormickwoodworking.com

View knotscott's profile

knotscott

5451 posts in 2027 days

#3 posted 02-07-2010 04:15 PM

This particular line of Craftsman blades is made by Freud in Italy. It’s very similar to the very popular former Freud Avanti TK906, Freud Diablo D1050, Freud Industrial LU83R010, and Ridgid Titanium R1050C (also by Freud). It’s hard to find a better deal on good quality thin kerf blades that are readily available just about everywhere.

View a1Jim's profile (online now)

112073 posts in 2228 days