EZ Pro Dovetail Jig

Review by CalNinja posted 03-17-2014 05:59 AM 2803 views 1 time favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
EZ Pro Dovetail Jig EZ Pro Dovetail Jig No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I recently used this jig to do half blind dovetails for a shadowbox I was building. The jig came with a half inch dovetail bit with bearing, Allen wrench to set the depth gauge, the jig it self and instructions. The instructions were fairly easy to understand after you read it carefully. I decided to do half blind dovetails so it took me a couple practice pieces on scrap wood to get the fit just the way I want. Once I cut familiar with how the jig is oriented with the router for cutting either pins or tails, I was able to quickly knock out all the sides of my shadowbox.

View CalNinja's profile

CalNinja

1 comment so far

View Arcola60's profile

Arcola60

#1 posted 03-29-2014 06:41 PM

I just tried out this dovetail jig. I took my time, using a dial indicator I centered my guide bushing. I used an adjustable parallel to set the bit height, and depth gage on the jig. I also purchased a better quality dovetail bit.
Yes I know it might be a bit much, but it produced perfect dovetails the first time with no test cuts.
I made a simple box out of 1/2” cedar.
The dovetail jig did what it was supposed to do, produce accurate dovetails. It is not a high end jig, but it is versatile and functional. I also cut dovetails by hand. I was just looking for options.
I have read mixed reviews about this jig. I have no complaints so far, for the price.

Ellery Becnel