router edge and circular cuts, at it's best

Review by Holbs posted 129 days ago 1990 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
router edge and circular cuts, at it's best router edge and circular cuts, at it's best router edge and circular cuts, at it's best Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’ll start by admitting, I did not buy this at full retail price ($400+) but at an auction for $30. I guess nobody else knew what this was. And I have only used the circular jig attachment, not the router edge yet (I have my Bosch RA deluxe router guide with dust control). For the home hobby wood worker, I could think of better ways for a circular jig. But for the professional, this would definitely be in my arsenal. The Microfence made cutting circles of 7”-infinity easy. You can lengthen the guide rods with purchase at any local store to 8’ if you wanted to. This comes with micrometer precision adjustments for that perfect 1/16” or 0.001” cut. Everything is machined, nothing flexes. Lots of accessories (I had to buy a router base plate adapter for my Bosch 1617). Easily breaks down to individual parts for storage. Stop collars for ranged cuts. This is one sweet creation.

View Holbs's profile

Holbs

View woodsmithshop's profile

woodsmithshop

good find especially for the money, I always thought they wanted waaay too much for what it is for. just mho.

-- Smitty!!!

View michelletwo's profile

michelletwo

it’s all about precision for the folks at microfence. For 30.00 you got a steal. A real steal.

-- We call the destruction of replaceable human made items vandalism, while the destruction of irreplaceable natural resources is called development.

View waho6o9's profile

waho6o9

Precision and price, big time score Holbs congratulations my friend.

View eruby's profile

eruby

Ok,
I’ll say it. You suck!! (congrats on the find)

-- Eric - Baltimore MD

View Holbs's profile

Holbs

while at these on-site auctions, I have no idea at the retail cost of things (I do not bother with a “smart” phone). I just saw “router circular jig” and understood it’s usefulness. Was very surprised at the actual price tag of this.

View scoobydooo9r's profile

scoobydooo9r

Great find, great price! I love auctions, you can get some great stuff at auction if you know what you’re doing. I’ve never seen one of these before, thanks for adding it to my tool knowledge

-- I don't make mistakes, I make design challenges!