an oldie but goodie, for LIGHT use.

Review by Holbs posted 03-16-2014 01:59 PM 5089 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
an oldie but goodie, for LIGHT use. an oldie but goodie, for LIGHT use. No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I picked this up at a local auction for $5, put it all together and was afraid to power on the drill for this contraption looks somewhat deadly. It came with a belt guard that I did not install (I will, though) so I can see just how this modern machinery marvel operates as the yellowish rubber band belt looks like it’s about to fling off the 2” silver circle pulley. I changed to the fastest RPM (3200) the little 10” drill press could go.
This little device (who engineers stuff like this? Must of came in a dream) works 100%. I will use this for light duty work because I do not want to damage / wear & tear the side loads and bearings on the quill. I can leave the attachment in place as needed.

-- The Carpenter Bee is derived from the Ancient Greek word wood-cutter

View Holbs's profile

Holbs

View scoobydooo9r's profile

scoobydooo9r

#1 posted 03-18-2014 06:43 AM

That’s awesome! I’ve never seen anything like that before. Thanks for posting it. Do you have the ability to shoot video? I’d love to see that thing in action.

-- I don't make mistakes, I make design challenges!

View Holbs's profile

Holbs

#2 posted 03-18-2014 07:01 AM

i’ll see what i can do for snapping a couple seconds of video

-- The Carpenter Bee is derived from the Ancient Greek word wood-cutter

View Peteybadboy's profile

Peteybadboy

#3 posted 05-12-2017 09:42 AM

I bought and installed one yesterday. I have not used it yet, looks like it will stay on my drill press and get a bit of use.

-- Petey