|Review by Woodshopfreak||posted 07-02-2008 07:48 PM||2656 views||0 times favorited||8 comments|
This router is great, everything about it is just awesome. I use it in my router table for the most part and this thing is dead on accurate and is very fun to use. The 2 horsepower motor is plenty powerful to cut through even the hardest woods and it has many features that you can’t find on other routers or features that are on very high priced routers. I prefer using this router to the Porter Cable routers we used at school. The hand grips on Porter Cables are more like griping knobs than handles. The variable speed control is great to have because when cutting into dense woods you have to slow the speed a lot of the time so it doesn’t chip out.
What I Like
- 2 hp
- LED worklights (AWESOME, MAKES SEEING WORK ALOT EASIER)
- Clear Base
- Very efficent dust collection
- Variable speed
- Precise adjustment
- Comfortable hand grips
- Comes with 1/4 and 1/2 inch collets!
- Comes with a very sturdy carrying case
- Comes with an edge guide!!!!!
What I don’t like
- Only comes with a a base plate that has an opening about 1 inch so it limits your bit selection
- The variable speed is expressed with 1-6 I would have liked to know what RPM each is
I am just trying to find things that I don’t like about this so those two things are like nothing on this router because this router is amazing. It’s only about 90 bucks but you get a heck of a router in the process.
-- Tyler, Illinois