Local school just getting started: Worth the Effort

Review by Donna Menke posted 142 days ago 1530 views 1 time favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Local school just getting started: Worth the Effort No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This school recently opened not far from where I live. I attended one of their ‘Free Friday’ classes and both learned a lot and enjoyed myself. The teacher has lots of enthusiasm and knowledge; and since he was a school teacher, he knows how to teach.
The environment is extra friendly and the equipment first rate. A lot of thought went into setting this place up, and they did all the work themselves.
I was there when they were getting ready for one of their guest instructors, and the students all seemed to be very happy to be there.
If you take a class from them you will be satisfied with the result- and San Marcos is a neat place to visit.
I recommend it.

-- "So much wood. . .so little time!" www.woodworks-by-donna.com

View Donna Menke's profile

Donna Menke

Thanks Donna, I watched his video. It looks like a great concept and I wish him luck.

You might suggest that he join Lumberjocks and he might get some students from here.

View jdh122's profile

jdh122

They certainly don’t seem to be skimping on the equipment. I’d love to take their WIndsor chair course with Elia Bizzarri or the carving course from Mary May.

-- Jeremy, in the Acadian forests

View Blackie_'s profile

Blackie_

I was thinking Lockhart, but San Marcus is closer :) perhaps I might take a peek in sometime maybe bring some of my projects, how did you come across this Donna?

-- Randy - If I'm not on LJ's then I'm making Saw Dust. Please feel free to visit my store location at http://www.facebook.com/randy.blackstock.custom.wood.designs

View helluvawreck's profile

helluvawreck

Donna, it’s very fortunate to have a place like that that is near your home. I hope that you enjoy it and learn a lot.

helluvawreck aka Charles

View Donna Menke's profile

Donna Menke

Blackie- I think it was on FaceBook, but I’m not sure. It is an ambitious undertaking and they have worked their butts off to get it started. I want them to succeed.
You could arrange to show some of your boxes there I’m sure. They want to get more wood artists to display their work for sale.

-- "So much wood. . .so little time!" www.woodworks-by-donna.com

View Blackie_'s profile

Blackie_

OK Donna, thanks I’ll look into it.

View Rick's profile

Rick

Thanks Donna. Good Review & Information.

-- COMMON SENSE Is Like Deodorant. The People Who need It Most, Never Use It.