Local school just getting started: Worth the Effort

Review by Donna Menke posted 03-03-2014 01:07 PM 1652 views 1 time favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Local school just getting started: Worth the Effort No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This school recently opened not far from where I live. I attended one of their ‘Free Friday’ classes and both learned a lot and enjoyed myself. The teacher has lots of enthusiasm and knowledge; and since he was a school teacher, he knows how to teach.
The environment is extra friendly and the equipment first rate. A lot of thought went into setting this place up, and they did all the work themselves.
I was there when they were getting ready for one of their guest instructors, and the students all seemed to be very happy to be there.
If you take a class from them you will be satisfied with the result- and San Marcos is a neat place to visit.
I recommend it.

-- "So much wood. . .so little time!" www.woodworks-by-donna.com

View Donna Menke's profile

Donna Menke

#1 posted 03-03-2014 03:26 PM

Thanks Donna, I watched his video. It looks like a great concept and I wish him luck.

You might suggest that he join Lumberjocks and he might get some students from here.

View jdh122's profile

jdh122

#2 posted 03-03-2014 06:23 PM

They certainly don’t seem to be skimping on the equipment. I’d love to take their WIndsor chair course with Elia Bizzarri or the carving course from Mary May.

-- Jeremy, in the Acadian forests

View Blackie_'s profile

Blackie_

#3 posted 03-04-2014 02:56 PM

I was thinking Lockhart, but San Marcus is closer :) perhaps I might take a peek in sometime maybe bring some of my projects, how did you come across this Donna?

-- Randy - If I'm not on LJ's then I'm making Saw Dust. Please feel free to visit my store location at http://www.facebook.com/randy.blackstock.custom.wood.designs

View helluvawreck's profile

helluvawreck

#4 posted 03-04-2014 02:59 PM

Donna, it’s very fortunate to have a place like that that is near your home. I hope that you enjoy it and learn a lot.

helluvawreck aka Charles

View Donna Menke's profile

Donna Menke

#5 posted 03-04-2014 05:58 PM

Blackie- I think it was on FaceBook, but I’m not sure. It is an ambitious undertaking and they have worked their butts off to get it started. I want them to succeed.
You could arrange to show some of your boxes there I’m sure. They want to get more wood artists to display their work for sale.

-- "So much wood. . .so little time!" www.woodworks-by-donna.com

View Blackie_'s profile

Blackie_

#6 posted 03-05-2014 05:49 PM

OK Donna, thanks I’ll look into it.

View Rick's profile

Rick

#7 posted 03-07-2014 05:21 AM

Thanks Donna. Good Review & Information.

-- LJ's "Be Nice" Policy. "Reach out and touch someone." NO! Not There!! ... ;-}