FastCap Taper Lock Bit Holder

Review by Spur posted 02-27-2014 09:34 PM 1546 views 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
FastCap Taper Lock Bit Holder FastCap Taper Lock Bit Holder No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I purchased this because I wanted to make myself a screwdriver, but I am now going to have to get one or two more for my electric drivers. The only difference between the one I got in the mail and the one pictured in the second picture is the shank is black on mine.

Why I love it:

-Small profile, hardly bigger than any other bit holder you would put in to your driver
-Almost no play in the bit at all
-Holds the bit SECURELY! It has a magnetic thing going on but it also has some kind of friction/compression aspect to the way it works, which securely holds the bit in yet very easy to pull out by pulling on that red band.

The best test for me is square drive screws. The bits just do not stay in the bit holder for any other brand I have ever used. With the square drive bits, they stay in the driver, not the screw. I can’t tell you how much of a difference that makes for me, especially in a one driver environment. If you have two drivers which you could have one set up for a drill and another set up for the driver bit, you can skip using a bit holder, but I don’t have that luxury. I use the drills with 1/4” (I think is what it is) ends and the driver appropriate for the screws I am using, and switch back and forth so I don’t have to play with the chuck.

Unfortunately, I have to order another one since I jammed this one into a piece of wood to use as a screwdriver :)

-- Henryk, South Carolina

View Spur's profile

Spur

1 comment so far

View vskgaming's profile

vskgaming

#1 posted 02-28-2014 10:37 PM

I do not know what the cost of this tool is, i use something similar i got from HF. Actually it came with their countersink bits and the small handle is plastic but very useful like you said. I am at work so dont remember if it is magnetic, but holds the bit tight enough for my use.

-- VSKGAMING