New Craftsman 10" Table Saw 21833

Review by steve_in_ohio posted 02-26-2014 03:48 PM 2920 views 0 times favorited 12 comments Add to Favorites Watch
New Craftsman 10" Table Saw 21833 No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I got this saw last weekend and I finally had a chance to put it together and I do have to say I am excited. I had an old craftsman little contractor saw with the weird miter slots and the underpowered motor, which wasn’t very accurate. This new saw, (after spending 6 hours assembling and aligning it, and help from 3 people to flip it over) work amazing. I get nice clean and accurate cuts, (with a new blade and not the one that it came with). The fence is solid and accurate with the table measure on the rails. It has normal miter slots and a riving knife, which is massive upgrade over my old craftsman. I paid $450 for this saw with a Sears Sale they had, and for the price I am very pleased. Oh, and the best part is the built in mobile base, because cars have to park in my garage so I have to be able to move everything to the front of the garage when finished.

View BeeFarmer's profile

BeeFarmer

#1 posted 02-26-2014 06:51 PM

Nice saw, I have the twin, the Ridgid 4512. These saws are prone to alignment issues, I you notice your blade will not hold an alignment with the miter slot you may have the issue, these saws are both made by Dayton. I had to replace the main trunnion in mine Ridgid sent it free. The new trunnions have the roman numeral II behind the riving knife level. If yours is fine, great enjoy that saw I sure do mine.

-- My worker Bee's are all female... Does that make me a pimp?

#2 posted 02-26-2014 07:29 PM

Thanks BeeFarmer, I will have to see what trunnion is in my saw.

View Jokker78's profile

Jokker78

#3 posted 02-26-2014 07:36 PM

Be careful with a thin kref blade, the riving knife is thicker than the blade.
I have the same saw. I put a saw stop fence on mine

-- Measure once, cut , measure again, cut and damn its still to short

View jaydubya's profile

jaydubya

#4 posted 02-27-2014 02:45 AM

Just like jokker78 I also put a sawstop fence on mine.

#5 posted 02-27-2014 03:14 AM

I have the same saw, great TS, I had to change my miter gauge as the face was not square to the table

-- Norman

View CharlesA's profile

CharlesA

#6 posted 02-27-2014 05:16 PM

I know lots of folks who’ve put on the biesemeyer or shop fox classic. Is there something special about the SS fence?

View Jokker78's profile

Jokker78

#7 posted 02-27-2014 05:46 PM

No not really, I got if for what the shop fox would have cost with shipping

-- Measure once, cut , measure again, cut and damn its still to short

#8 posted 02-27-2014 11:59 PM

@Jokker78 where do you buy your fences from?

View Philip "Pip" Storm's profile

Philip "Pip" Storm

#9 posted 02-28-2014 12:09 AM

I have the same saw. Pretty good for the price . I too had issues with alignment. It’s as if it ran out of adjustment just shy of being aligned with the miter slots. As of now I have my fence skewed to be parallel with the blade. Maybe one day, when I’m not so busy, I’ll investigate it further.

-- Well, I'll be screwed, glued, and tattooed!

View WorksInTheory's profile

WorksInTheory

#10 posted 02-28-2014 06:22 AM

Congrats Steve! Did you happen to look and see if you have that roman numeral II like BeeFarmer said?

View WorksInTheory's profile

WorksInTheory

#11 posted 03-01-2014 07:34 PM

Was doing some research on searspartsdirect.com and noticed there was a 351.218330 and 351.218331 – wonder if one is a fixed version. I tried to a/b the parts for trunnion but it was hard because there were multiple trunnion descriptors but seems like they have different part #’s for the trunnion as well. Anyone see this?

#12 posted 03-01-2014 10:24 PM