Customized Electric Branding Iron

Review by eddie posted 02-17-2014 02:53 PM 2344 views 1 time favorited 21 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Customized Electric Branding Iron Customized Electric Branding Iron Customized Electric Branding Iron Click the pictures to enlarge them

this was one of those things i had been wanting to do for a while get some kind of advertisement out .some of the stuff i sell are just simple things but a lot of the sells come from seeing it at the ones home that buys them and they send them back ,this i learnt while in trade school taking auto body shop the instructor always said do a good job and the work will come back to you from it ,with this it will be there on the item , it works just as advertised and Rockler is a great company to do business with ,great costumer service. its a five star product , they have other designs and some that are not electric but heated with a torch but being in the south i try to keep away from heat as much as possible in the summer months ,which i am ready for but know when it gets to those 100 degree days ill be wanting winter back. its a great product.

the brand on the right i held to the wood (red Oak) for abourt 5 r 6 seconds and the one on the left for just a few it had a lot more detail on it ,it gets very hot takes about 10 min . have no regrets so far

ps. Rocker offers 20% discounts from time to time and free shipping too

View JL7's profile

JL7

#1 posted 02-17-2014 03:57 PM

Very nice Eddie…..it is essential to show your work and this looks like a great way to go. Whats the story behind the name, Bawcomville?

-- Jeff - I have not failed. I've just found 10,002 ways that won't work.

#2 posted 02-17-2014 04:04 PM

Jeff its actually West Monroe but bawcomville it a part of the town often the butt of a lot of jokes here ,it a part of the town by a paper mill and sometimes has its own odor :), i tell folks all the time i live on the north side we have paths on both sides of the road ,no sidewalks here lol

View lightcs1776's profile

lightcs1776

#3 posted 02-17-2014 04:37 PM

Very cool, Eddie. Not sure I want anyone knowing what I made, but if I could make something nice it would be great – grin.

-- Chris ** If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. — Tom Paine **

View DIYaholic's profile

DIYaholic

#4 posted 02-17-2014 04:52 PM

Cool iron!!!
Great thinking….
Getting the recognition & credit….
All while driving business.your way.

Looking forward to seeing your new projects…
from your new shop equipment….
Branded with your new iron!!!

Carry on….

-- Randy-- I may not be good...but I am slow! If good things come to those who wait.... Why is procratination a bad thing?

#5 posted 02-17-2014 05:34 PM

Chris anyone who can build a bench like the one you did can build some great stuff

Randy ill be happy to get back to building stuff right now i just sit and look at my new toys and dream , waiting on my brother a electrician to get me hooked up , some is 220 and even the ones that arent i dont trust the wiring so haveing all new plugs and a box put in ,i know what David feels like when he got his new computer and had to wait a month r so for his internet to get hooked up just like sitting on the dock waiting for a boat to come in :)

View patron's profile

patron

13033 posts in 1991 days

#6 posted 02-17-2014 08:39 PM

i remember that dock
after the cruise ship floated by

my bud showed up
in a row boat
called the
bawcomville

towing a barge full
of new tools

#7 posted 02-17-2014 10:12 PM

DAVID i am a member of THE BAWCOMEVILLE YATCH CLUB soon as we get a dock well be good to go :)

View patron's profile

patron

13033 posts in 1991 days

#8 posted 02-17-2014 10:18 PM

lets find a long extension cord
while we wait for the dock

we can make stuff
on the way to market
down in narlins

#9 posted 02-17-2014 10:41 PM

sounds like a plan to me ,David :)

View ward63's profile

ward63

#10 posted 02-18-2014 01:06 AM

I’ve always wanted to get one made but as a lot of my projects are small I’ve stuck to a rubber stamp. This would be great for the larger items that I make.

Thanks for sharing.

View JL7's profile

JL7

#11 posted 02-18-2014 01:29 AM

Cool video Eddie…...I guess there are docks by the bay all over this world….. :)

-- Jeff - I have not failed. I've just found 10,002 ways that won't work.

View Sandra's profile (online now)

Sandra

#12 posted 02-18-2014 02:04 AM

Neat stamp Eddie. Thanks for the review.

-- No, I don't want to buy the pink hammer.

View boxcarmarty's profile

boxcarmarty

#13 posted 02-18-2014 01:39 PM

Cool idea eddie, I’ll have ta get my iron so I can stamp my dock by the bay as soon as this dang snow melts…..

-- My mind is like lighting, one brilliant flash, then its gone.....

View Scott Oldre's profile

Scott Oldre

383 posts in 2081 days

#14 posted 02-18-2014 02:14 PM

This is a great gift for a budding woodworker. I have a neighbor that has been haunting my garage for the last year and I got him one of these for Christmas. He was thrilled beyond words, and has been practicing with it on everything. We’re in the middle of a wine bar build and he’s done most of the work, while I look over his shoulder and say “Wait a second, what about this edge”, or “I think you need to clamp that down a little more before you run it through”, or ” keep the bevel on the stock always, it needs support while you turn”. Sharing this hobby is part of the hobby for me.

-- Scott, Irmo SC

View woodchuckerNJ's profile

woodchuckerNJ

#15 posted 02-18-2014 06:23 PM

BTW , one of the silicone baking sheets will protect your formica bench if it slips off the stand.
I use one for soldering and my hot glue gun. The glue doesn’t stick, and it protects my bench from hot dripping solder.

I would love to get one, but can’t justify the cost , it’s a nice to have at this point.

-- Jeff NJ