Review by woodenwarrior posted 152 days ago 1461 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great guide for LJs looking to harvest and for general all around good knowledge Great guide for LJs looking to harvest and for general all around good knowledge Great guide for LJs looking to harvest and for general all around good knowledge Click the pictures to enlarge them

My daughter and I love to go for walks in the woods near our house. When we do, I point out and explain to her all of the trees I know and how to identify them. However, my knowledge is limited and in the winter its much harder with a lack of foliage.

My wife purchased this guide for me to take with us on our walks. It includes cut outs on the top of each fan of the index that displays the leaf and bark of the tree. Included is information concerning the range of the tree, average size, etc. The only thing it doesn’t have included are pictures of the tree sawn, which would make the the ultimate guide.

All things being equal, its a great tool for those needing help visually identifying trees and wishing to harvest lumber or those like myself just wanting to build interest in a budding Lumber Jock.

-- Do or do not...there is no try - Master Yoda

View woodenwarrior's profile

woodenwarrior

View PASs's profile

PASs

Cool

-- Pete, "It isn't broken, you just aren't using it right."

View Matt Przybylski's profile

Matt Przybylski

That’s awesome, didn’t know this existed. Added to my wish list on amazon and it’s only $10, you can’t go wrong. Thanks for the review.

-- Matt, Illinois, http://www.reintroducing.com

View scrollingmom's profile

scrollingmom

That is pretty cool. We have a couple of trees on our place that we don’t know what they are.

-- Kelly, Allen,KS

View jdh122's profile (online now)

jdh122

My father has a copy and I’ve read through it. It seems to be quite useful, though it covers a relatively limited number of species. I still have so much to learn about identification…

-- Jeremy, in the Acadian forests

View donburkard's profile

donburkard

I will second this review. I have this fan as well and it comes in handy. I leave it in my car just in case i spot a cool tree that came down. Especially in the winter. Very helpful when there are no leaves to help ID a tree.

-- "Well, sir, it's this rug I have. It really tied the room together." (The Dude)