New Router for the Router Table

Review by Jerry posted 173 days ago 2375 views 2 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
New Router for the Router Table New Router for the Router Table New Router for the Router Table Click the pictures to enlarge them

This router is amazing. Quiet, powerful – 2.25 HP, variable speed – 10,000-24,000 RPM, a breeze to adjust, which you can do three ways.

1) With the adjustment screw
2) By pushing the release button you can adjust quickly to a given range, then dial it in
3) Best of all, with a T-Handle wrench ( provided as part of the package ) through the bottom of the router, this makes it perfect for a router table, and you don’t have the added expense of a router lift.

You can also use both 1/4” and 1/2” bits, ( collets for both sizes provided )

I just added this to my shop made router table today along with a new Kreg table insert, and I love it.

-- I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone. My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

View Jerry's profile

Jerry

View Cajun  Box Sculptor's profile

Cajun Box Sculptor

4940 posts in 1914 days

I have had that same router for several years…never used it in my router table however. I like the handstrap that makes it very convenient for one handed routing. The only issue is that the bits frequently get stuck in the 1/2” collet and have to be tapped out…Other than that it is a great router…

View cutworm's profile

cutworm

Thanks for the review. A great tool.

-- Steve - "Never Give Up"

View woodworkingdrew's profile

woodworkingdrew

Thanks for this great review. I have had my eye on this router for some time. I am a huge fan of milwaukee tools. Every Milwaukee tool I have owned has been flawless.

-- Andrew, California

I have this router, without the variable speed, of several year and I like it very much.
I bought it in a set on Amazon with the plunge base for $156.00 ( I believe)

View Richard's profile

Richard

Jerry , how is the thru the base adjustment working for you ? I have heard from several people that when mounted in the table the Milwaukee routers had an issue that it was a bit to tight and they had problems with getting nice even adjustments with it. hopefuly yours is good.

View Jerry's profile

Jerry

The through the base adjustment is working really smoothly and accurately for me, it’s every bit as good as a router lift, and $350.00 less expensive :-)

I can’t imagine the adjustment being a problem UNLESS you were to forget to disengage the lock lever ( it’s that black bracket looking thing right above the adjustment dial in picture 3 ). I have not tried doing an adjustment with the lock lever fully engaged, but I imagine you could override it with sufficient force on the T-handle wrench. If a person were to try it that way, they might be able to adjust the height, but it would be, as you said, problematic.