Ready to carve a wizard?

Review by KTMM (Krunkthemadman) aka. Lucas Crenshaw posted 02-06-2014 01:36 AM 1084 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Ready to carve a wizard? No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This is one of the two books by Tom Wolfe that I own. Please read my other review here regarding Tom's Dragon book.

I want to start out by thanking Tom for writing the books he has written. If any of you out there know Mr. Wolfe personally, tell him I said thanks.

The back cover of this book sums up why I got this book, and why it was written. It reads, “Among the most popular of Tom Wolfe’s carving books is Tom Wolfe Carves Dragons. From the day it came off the presses Tom has gotten letters asking for a Wizard book to go with it. “What good is a dragon without a Wizard?” one reader asked.”

So now, on to a review.

I got this book as part of a tool order I put in a while back. I had originally ordered it along with Tom’s dragon book, but the vendor was sold out of the dragon book. I was pleasantly surprised when I got the book, it is entirely in color. Like the dragon book, there are about 50 pages detailing carving and painting a single wizard (the one on the cover). The back of the book contains some patterns and gallery images of the finished wizards. There are a couple full body wizards and a couple of busts.

All in all the book is GREAT, and I’m glad I got it. The instructions are step by step, very detailed and easy to follow. While the book only details carving a single wizard, I think that after carving it, you’d be ready to take on any of the others in the book.

-- Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect. Vince Lombardi

View lightcs1776's profile

lightcs1776

#1 posted 02-07-2014 04:50 AM

Sounds like a great book. I’m looking forward to seeing how you apply what you have learned. Thanks.

-- Chris ** If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. — Tom Paine **

View Sandra's profile

Sandra

#2 posted 02-08-2014 02:37 AM

Well-written review Lucas. Almost makes me want to take up carving…..;)

-- No, I don't want to buy the pink hammer.