Glad I Bought This Sanding Detailer

Review by Pie posted 174 days ago 1307 views 1 time favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Glad I Bought This Sanding Detailer No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

The Sanding Detailer is ideal for finishing those hard to reach areas. The abrasive belt can be indexed. The Sanding Detailer is spring loaded to put tension on the abrasive belt. After the abrasive belt is used up, simply compress the tool and replace the abrasive belt with a fresh one. They are color coded for easy identification of grit.

So my wife and I walk into the local WoodCraft store for some scroll saw blades.Since I scrol saw and was looking for some small sanding files. Head over to the sand paper section and notice this Sanding Detailer kit. Hmmmmm it looks good but I’m not sure if I want to pull the trigger and spend the $25 for somethig I could use but don’t really need. As I am standing there trying to convince myself in my mind, my wife speaks up and tells me to go ahead and get it. I sure am glas I listen to her cuz when I got home I needed them and I have to say, they really works well. Rotating the sandpaper for as you use is super easy, just move your thumb or finger onto the sandpaper and pull down. The kit comes with 5 refills. I have used all 4 different grits and have a lot of use on them still. I like these because you can apply pressure where you need to and it gets into places that would be difficult other wise.

-- Pie

View Pie's profile

Pie

183 posts in 2006 days

View ellen35's profile

ellen35

2557 posts in 2033 days

I also bought a set of these. I find them incredibly useful and the “quick change” sanding area is very convenient. I have used them innumerable times over the last month and find myself reaching for one when I need to sand a small area.

-- "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." Voltaire

View cutworm's profile

cutworm

Nice, got to have.

-- Steve - "Never Give Up"

View ic3ss's profile

ic3ss

Agreed. I use mine frequently.

Wayne