Exceptional performance at a reasonable price

Review by Julian posted 02-03-2014 01:17 AM 2339 views 1 time favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Exceptional performance at a reasonable price Exceptional performance at a reasonable price No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I purchased the medium WoodRiver shoulder plane in December; it was 20% off and then I had an additional $10 coupon. Before tax; $110. This deal was too good to pass up. After a few minutes on a 4000 grit water stone the blade was razor sharp. The body was perfectly square and the blade adjustment works very smoothly. I have never used a Veritas or Lie Nielson should plane and cannot compare the WoodRiver plane to the others. I am very pleased with the WoodRiver shoulder plane and would recommend it to anyone.

-- Julian

View Julian's profile

Julian

#1 posted 02-03-2014 01:38 PM

I have a #4 Wood River that I like very much.
Thank you for the review.
This plane is on my list of stuff to buy

#2 posted 02-03-2014 09:28 PM

Looks like a good one.
Thanks

View lanwater's profile

lanwater

#3 posted 02-04-2014 06:25 AM

I have been looking at shoulder planes and this one was on my list as well.
Your review is helpful.
Thanks

-- Abbas, Castro Valley, CA

View woodmaker's profile

woodmaker

#4 posted 02-04-2014 05:14 PM

I have this same plane, love it!

-- Mike