Outstanding chest hinges from Nathan's Forge

Review by mpmitche posted 02-02-2014 12:52 AM 1855 views 1 time favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Outstanding chest hinges from Nathan's Forge No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I recently completed a six board chest and needed a nice set of hinges. Being disappointed with what I could find at the local retail outlets I looked around the internet and was pleased to find Nathan’s Forge. He customized the hinges to fit the 5/4 boards I used, delivered them quickly, and provide great looking matching screws for mounting. He even included a complete set of two lengths of screws. The detail of the hinges is great with the top edges chamfered nicely. The pair matches incredibly well and it is clear that care was taken in every aspect. I love the unique design and traditional look they impart.

Nick’s customer service was also outstanding with a quick response to my questions and great help when I had some concerns with exactly how they were to be mounted.

I think what surprised me most is that these cost me about the same as the inferior products I originally looked at. The quality and price from Nathan’s Forge is outstanding and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend his products to anyone. A truly great experience all around.

-- Mike, Western New York

View mpmitche's profile

mpmitche

View felkadelic's profile

felkadelic

#1 posted 02-02-2014 03:10 AM

I’ll have to keep him in mind when I make my Dutch tool chest!

View steve_in_ohio's profile

steve_in_ohio

#2 posted 02-02-2014 05:49 PM

Those look great I will have to look him up

-- steve, simple and effective woodworking---

View Nik 's profile

Nik

#3 posted 02-02-2014 10:34 PM

I will second the review for those hinges. I am working on a blanket chest, and ordered these. I found the same hinge at Ball and Ball for twice the price.