Plastic Super Dust deputy

Review by Alan72 posted 01-31-2014 01:14 AM 3150 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Plastic Super Dust deputy Plastic Super Dust deputy Plastic Super Dust deputy Click the pictures to enlarge them

I replaced my rockler dust seperator with the Super Dust Deputy. I just finished setting it up to what I think is the most efficent way. I had it for over a month and I couldn’t figure away to set it up, I ended up seperating the Dust collector motor and hanging it from the wall over the 6” dust port of the SDD. I ordered a 5” hose from Penn State cut it in half ran one from the SDD to my main PVC ducting and the other to the dust collector. I’m using a HF dust collector with a Rikon Impellor upgrade. I emptied the 30 gallon collection drum at the furthest blast gate, about 25 feet away, which has a 3” hose. It had only one problem that I noticed, the amount of saw dust that was sucked up was bypassing the collection drum and going to the Dust collector bag. I soon realized what was happening I slowed down the amount of dust being suck up, after that it had no issues. I couldn’t beleieve the increase in suction, The only thing I would change would be the 4” hose to a 5” hose at the collection drum.

View Alan72's profile

Alan72

#1 posted 01-31-2014 01:34 AM

Great solution

-- Norman

View sawdustjunkie's profile

sawdustjunkie

#2 posted 01-31-2014 02:15 AM

I just put my Harbor Freight collector together. Haven’t used it yet, because it’s too cold in the garage to go out and work. I also bought the Wynn filter to replace the bag. I wanted to see the SDD plastic one working. Now I know someone has one it sounds good.

What impeller upgrade are you talking about. I didn’t know there was a upgrade.

-- Steve: Franklin, WI

View jeff's profile

jeff

#3 posted 01-31-2014 04:03 AM

yes more info on the impeller upgrade:)

-- Jeff,Tucson,Az.

5386 posts in 1928 days

#4 posted 01-31-2014 04:26 AM

Yes more info on the impeller upgrade.

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

View Alan72's profile

Alan72

#5 posted 01-31-2014 04:47 AM

About a Year ago it was discussed, some people upgrading the HF Dc with the Rikon impellar which I believe is 11” compared to the 9” HF impeller. http://lumberjocks.com/topics/48783

View secretgarden's profile

secretgarden

#6 posted 01-31-2014 11:50 AM

Does rotating the impeller housing/motor 90 degrees to sit on top of the SDD cause problems? I have seen a lot of pictures where people routinely change the original setup from the factory, but never heard of any problems. I have a Jet 1200 joined up with a metal SDD and this would shrink my DC’s foot print a lot. Has anyone heard of any problems? It seems there would be more stress to the motor shaft/impeller coupling hanging upside down.