Outstanding.

Review by pashley posted 2229 days ago 3113 views 0 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Outstanding. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I was smitten with this little baby the first minute using it. I have gone thru three finish sanders; a cheapy from Harbor Freight, a Porter Cable, and most recently, a Craftsman, after only about a year.

My wife said, “Why don’t you buy the best one, since you do so much sanding?” – which made sense. So, I did some research, including a recent FWW article, and decided on this Bosch. I paid about $70 at Lowe’s.

As I said, right after starting ‘er up, I was smitten. Vibration is very low; sawdust, just with the on-board filter, is next to zero. The random oscillation of the pad is so fine, you can get right up close to a right-angle (for instance, sanding a rabbet), and it won’t hit the wood on the side and bounce wildly off – you can almost use it as a detail sander! It’s also pretty quiet. Stock removal is very good.

It uses 5” 8 hole sanding discs.

Do I dare say sanding is actually a pleasure now?

-- Have a blessed day! http://newmissionworkshop.com

View pashley's profile

pashley

View teenagewoodworker's profile

teenagewoodworker

sounds cool! i have a b&D. it works alright but from your description the Bosch outperforms it in every category! thanks for the review

View WayneC's profile (online now)

WayneC

Nice. Is it possible to hook it up to a vacume in place of the filter?

-- We must guard our enthusiasm as we would our life - James Krenov

View gizmodyne's profile

gizmodyne

I agree. It is a nice ROS. Wayne I hook mine up to my vac via an extra adapter(around $10). The back of the sander is a rectangle. Performs much better with the vac.

-- -John "Do I have to keep typing a smiley? Just assume it's a joke." www.flickr.com/photos/gizmodyne

View pashley's profile

pashley

Yes, you can hook up a vacuum, per the previous comment. I should try it.

-- Have a blessed day! http://newmissionworkshop.com

This is a nice review. Thanks for the info on the sander.

View Beginningwoodworker's profile

Beginningwoodworker

#6 posted 2049 days ago

I am looking at getting the same ROS!

-- CJIII Future cabinetmaker

View perpetual_novice's profile

perpetual_novice

2 posts in 2026 days

#7 posted 2023 days ago

I bought one these this weekend. I LOVE it. After my first run, I was shone a bright industrial light from one side and tried as hard as I could to find scratch marks from a 220 grit and I couldn’t find one. Just amazing.
The dust collection stunned me, seriously, NO DUST, the only way I could find dust was to run my hand over the piece. That was without a vacuum attached. I am of course a novice, but I feel as though I finally got a tool that completely exceeded my expectations. More exciting than my grizzly table saw or my incra wonder fence. I guess that makes me a simple man, but my finishes on those pieces of cherry are looking sweet.

Still can’t align my tablesaw blade and and wonderfence:(

View builtinabarn's profile

builtinabarn

98 posts in 1986 days

#8 posted 1903 days ago

I just purchased this sander also. By Far, one of the best palm sanders I have ever had. I agree with “pashley” on this review…...incredible sander.

-- Built in a Barn Bob

112000 posts in 2179 days

#9 posted 1903 days ago

Good reveiw I’m tempted but I already have 6 roa s

View John Gray's profile

John Gray

Has anyone used the Bosch 2605510132 adapter on this sander and if so please post your comments. I’ve added links for 3 different sander adapters, comments on any or all?

PS – The other adapters are shown in/on the above link.
Thanks,
John

-- Only the Shadow knows....................