VIDEO REVIEW- A big ol' book of wood finishing wisdom!

Review by StumpyNubs posted 220 days ago 1538 views 0 times favorited 14 comments Add to Favorites Watch
VIDEO REVIEW- A big ol' book of wood finishing wisdom! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I got my hands on Charles Neil’s encyclopedia of finishing wisdom and decided to make a video review. I think you’ll like it…

Watch it here, and enjoy! Then come back and leave a comment!

(Friend us on facebook, follow us on Twitter, and visit the Stumpy Store to help support the show!)

View lightcs1776's profile

lightcs1776

Nice review; concise, detailed and tells me why I should purchase this book. Or better yet, why I should hope that my wife purchases the book for my birthday – grin.

-- Chris ** If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. — Tom Paine **

View DocSavage45's profile

DocSavage45

I have a number of good finishing books. Charles wrote this book twice! I had pre ordered it and my impatience got the better of me. Things are changing in the finishing world. Environmental laws have stopped many of the finishes “Old Timey Woodworkers” have used.

I’m not ready yet. I do have an HVLP sprayer set sitting in a box.

But it was great to actually see the book.

Charles worked hard on this and it will be his legacy.

He use to say “Some are woodworkers, I’m a wood finisher!”

Good job in the review!

-- Cau Haus Designs, Thomas J. Tieffenbacher

View Greg In Maryland's profile

Greg In Maryland

Dagnabbit Stumpy, I was hoping to be the first reviewer of Charles’ book :-)

I haven’t yet read the entire book, but what I have is very informative. This is a book written by someone who gets his hands dirty and isn’t a dilettante just pretending. Lots of hard earned knowledge and information is shared by Charles.

Thanks for your review, even if you beat me to it.

Greg

StumpyNubs

Charles took a while to get it out, but now that I’ve read it I wonder how he got it done so fast! It’s literally covers everything!

View Mainiac Matt 's profile (online now)

Mainiac Matt

Charles is quite the guy…. love his videos…. adding his book to my wish list…

But what I like best about him is that he’s as down to earth as they come. :^)

-- Pine is fine, but Oak's no joke!

View DIYaholic's profile

DIYaholic

I’m not sure that I can read and follow the info in this book….
I wouldn’t have any excuse for a poor finish!!! ;^)

Thanks for taking the time to do the review….

-- Randy-- I may not be good...but I am slow! If good things come to those who wait.... Why is procratination a bad thing?

View Roger's profile

Even your review vids are award winning Stumps. So what did you finish, with the finish book? Hot chocolate, cold chocolate, or what? I’m at the edge of my recliner.

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

StumpyNubs

Let’s just say it was a couple cold somethings…

View gfadvm's profile

gfadvm

Thanks for the great review! I’ve gotta get me a copy!

-- " I'll try to be nicer, if you'll try to be smarter" gfadvm

View Roger's profile

:) thnx Stumps… I can sleep now

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

View eddie's profile

eddie

great review ,Charles Neil one of the masters of this craft ,got to get the book to keep for reference on finishing

-- Jesus Is Alright with me

View Tim Dahn's profile

Tim Dahn

Good review Stumpy, you showed but did not mention an important feature of the book. The spiral binding will allow the book to “lay flat on a work bench” and the pages are quality “thick stock” paper.

I’m lucky to live about an hour south of Charles and stopped in to buy a copy but they were sold out – go figure, so waiting for a call when the next printing arrives.

-- Good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from poor judgement.

View doubleDD's profile (online now)

doubleDD

Great review Stumps. Looking forward to getting a copy.

-- --Dave, Downers Grove, Il. When you run out of ideas, start building your dreams

Thx, great review. Charles is the Man! He helped me a few times on some finishing problems I was having. He’s a great person and Lumberjock! I’ll be ordering his book to go along with all the others I purchased. Thx