Looks good so far

Review by Mark Smith posted 221 days ago 1547 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Looks good so far No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’m giving this five stars for now with the disclaimer that I’ve only used it for a short while on one day so far. I will update this if any problems arise. I see some of the issues with the older models, but the Airshield Pro seems to have corrected some of those. For example it is very light. I saw some complaints on the older one being heavy. They also say the current battery will run all day but I haven’t tried it yet so I don’t know.

Here’s why I bought this: I hate masks and face shields. I’ve tried the various types of dust masks from the paper cheapies to the more expensive ones and I just hate breathing in the things. It just gets stuffy in them. And with face masks it always clouds up when you breath in them. So my solution has been to just go without and breath the saw dust. I wear safety glasses, but that doesn’t keep stuff from hitting you in the face.

I was hoping I could find one of these to try out before I spent the money, but nobody kept them in stock so I went ahead and ordered one. Rockler had the best price because it came with free shipping and a free ten pack of replacement visor overlays. The price was $396.

In the little time I have warn this so far I find it to be very comfortable. When I breath the face shield fogs for a split second then the air flow clears it right up. It’s probably about 50 degrees out in the shop so the air blowing on the face is a little cold, but it feels nice when you get to working. Vision is excellent out of it and I don’t get that stuffy feeling at all. I’m sure my lunges will be very happy that I bought this.

Mark Smith

View Greg..the Cajun  Box Sculptor's profile (online now)

Greg..the Cajun Box Sculptor

4992 posts in 1935 days

I have had one for years and it works flawlessly. Many times I have used it 10-12 hours in a day. Bought a second battery and the charger… At first it got my neck a bit stiff but wearing it seemed to strengthen the neck muscles. You will be very pleased with it.

I have been looking at these shield for quite a while ,may I should buy one but they are quite expensive.
I cannot find anything telling me how good the filter is, it just say that it meets the new European standards.

Mark Smith

You’re right Bert, it isn’t cheap. But since nothing else was comfortable to me I was going without anything. So in my opinion, it’s a good investment.

View jfk4032's profile

jfk4032

I bought one of these late last year and I really like it. I too bought an extra battery and the charger. After you use it for a while and open up the top when swoping out batteries, you can get a real sense for how this helps you when seeing all of the dust that builds up on and around the filters…that stuff could otherwise be in your lungs.

A great investment for your health and safety in my opinion.

-- ---Joel; Central MD...rookie empter nester and getting back into woodworking!

View WildmanJack's profile

WildmanJack

I have Asthma and have been seriously considering one of these. Been using a rubber mask and have both a dust collector hanging from the ceiling and one that I can hook to most of my power tools, but I’m not sure that they do enough so I just might have to pull the trigger and get one this month…

-- Just an old banjo player tryin my hand at woodworking.

Mark Smith

I have dust collectors too Jack and no, that don’t get it all. I don’t think it’s possible to get all the saw dust in a wood shop so you still need something like this mask.