Festool Cabinet Construction-Lebanon, IN

Review by tturner posted 97 days ago 1733 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Festool Cabinet Construction-Lebanon, IN No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I recently attended the Festool Cabinet Construction training in Lebanon, IN. It was fantastic! We weren’t given a sales pitch on all the tools they make and sell, but were genuinely guided and coached on how to make frame and frameless cabinets using all Festool equipment. Ive never been in a shop that didn’t have a table saw or jointer or floor planer. Didn’t need it. Unbelievable. I own almost all the Festool stuff and have for about 5 years now and learned how to get more out of my tools and got to spend 2 days with 5 other great guys who enjoy this God-awful expensive hobby as much as I do. There is no way Festool made money on this training-thus proving Festool is very interested in making sure the end-user is happy with the tools. Their motto is ‘do the right thing’ and is proven. All the employees are extremely happy with their jobs and the company is very interested in keeping them satisfied. Im happy that my money (and i mean a LOT) has gone to a company that is interested in only the bottom line. And did i mention just seeing all the tools made me drool uncontrollably for days?!

I highly recommend taking any of the classes if you can. Brian, our instructor, is a great guy with lots of experience and is willing to share all he knows to continuously promote woodworking for the next generation(s). I am genuinely honored to have spent time with him, 5 phenomenal woodworkers, and the Festool team there in Lebanon. Sign up fast because they fill up quickly.

-Todd

-- I'm him

View tturner's profile

tturner

View tturner's profile

tturner

So Sorry, meant to say they are interested in more that just the bottom lineā€¦.

-- I'm him

View copcarcollector's profile

copcarcollector

I agree 100%

I attended two classes at their Las Vegas training facility last year, Festool System Essentials and Advanced Router Techniques. I am a super newbie in woodworking and got a lot out of both classes. At 6-7 participants per class, you get great one on one instruction. Steve Bace in Henderson is great! There was a mix of hobbyists and professionals in both classes, everyone said they had a good time and learned a lot. I agree, it is not a 2 day sales pitch, you get detailed instruction on the various tools and the best ways to get the most use out of them.

I have signed up for the cabinet class this coming March and am really looking forward to it.

View JAAune's profile

JAAune

They don’t need do sales pitches. All they have to do is get their tools into people’s hands. Sticker shock seems to go away at that point. I’ve unintentionally sold two Festool 12v drills to a couple people after they saw mine and tried it out.

-- See my work at http://remmertstudios.com and http://altaredesign.com

View dgage's profile

dgage

Thanks for the review and feedback as I’ve been a Festool hobbyist for many years. I’ll look to take a couple courses this year.

View WoodJitsu's profile

WoodJitsu

Been wanting to do this for a long time, I’ll have to get in there asap

-- Family, Friends, Jiu Jitsu, Woodworking. Order varies daily!